Chapter 30 - Get in touch with your feelings

Chapter 30

Gen's POV

I feel terrible. You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach...sort of like a sinking ship? That's how I feel. It has been ten minutes since Louis stormed off angrily, and I can't seem to shake the image of his heartbroken face. For so many years, he has been the centre of my inner fan girl, yet for some reason, when I had the chance to be with him, I threw it away.

I'm not stupid. I know that my feelings for Zayn crept up on me and took over my entire body. It was never expected, I only had eyes for Louis to begin with so I have no idea how Zayn even got to me in the first place. That reminds me. Zayn.

I open the door to Zayn and Louis' bedroom to find Zayn lying on the bed, face down. His face is pressed against the pillow and his shoulders are tense. I quietly walk into the room, making my footsteps loud enough for him to notice so I don't scare him.

"Zayn?" I approach his bed and take a seat on the edge. "Are you okay?"

All I get in response is an annoyed groan, which lets me know he was sleeping. Oops.

"Oh sorry, I'll come back," I quickly say, embarrassed for mistaking his tiredness for sadness or anger.

"What?" he says and shifts his body to the side so his face is visible. I turn on my heel to face him.

"Nothing, I was just coming to see if you were alright. You kinda stormed off before," I explain as gently as possible. I don't want to make it seem like I'm mad at him for storming off.

Zayn's eyes grow slightly wider as he awakens further from his power nap.

"Oh yeah, what was with the dodging before?" he asks and I flinch at the dreaded question. I should have thought of an explanation before coming up here. My stomach is stirring with nerves as my brain sifts through a variety of possible excuses. I have none.

Zayn notices my loss for words and he gets up from his bed and makes his way over to me. I freeze at his unexpected movement and pray that he doesn't continue to pry the answer from me. He stops only a few centimetres in front of me and his gaze is as blinding as looking into the sun.

"Have you..." his voice is small, in contrast to his blazing eyes. I patiently await the remainder of his sentence. "Lost feelings for me?" his eyes search mine worriedly and my heart breaks into pieces. I immediately reach up to cup his cheek and lean up to kiss him.

"So I take that as a no?" he says with a smirk as we pull away from our brief peck.

"Definitely not! I just...I don't like dangling us in front of people," I say and his smirk vanishes.

"You mean Louis," he blandly states and I nod slowly. Of course it wouldn't take long for Zayn to put the pieces together.