Chapter 7 - Babe

Chapter 7

Zayn's POV

At the initial mention of 'water tag' I began to groan, but when I saw Gen pulling off her clothes, I silently thanked god- and Harry for suggesting the idea. She looked flawless in her simple bikini, showing off her prominent curves and tight stomach muscles. I honestly don't know how she's still single.

Just as I'm about to faint from the sight in front of me, Harry yells out and we all begin running down the beach. The sand is sizzling hot from the sun, making us all run faster.

When we approach the playful waves, cool water immediately comes into touch with my body. I decide to put my head under, just to get used to the temperature of the water.

"Oi! Zayn!" I hear from under the thin sheet of water separating me and the outside world. I bob my head up to see what the source of the sound is.

"You're it dude!" Harry calls and I instantly frown. I hate being it, it's no fun!

"Stop pouting like a baby and start counting!" he says, and I pout even more, before turning around to count to ten.

"One...two...three..." Loud splashes emerge from behind me as I hear the others swimming away as fast as they can. It would be a lot easier if I could actually swim.

...

"Ahhhhh!" Gen calls as I lay my eyes on her, and begin racing through the thick water. She immediately dives down, only her hot pink bikini in sight. It takes me forever to get to her, and just as I'm about to grab hold of her, she darts away underwater.

I make the effort to tread a little harder and faster through the water. I am aware of Niall's presence near me, but right now, my only target is Gen.

Thankfully, it doesn't take me too long to grab a hold of her foot. She jolts backwards as I pull on her leg, bringing her to me. Her head pops up from under water.

My ears are filled with soft giggles, as she stops resisting against my touch and lets me pull her to me.

"Got you!" I say, a grin prominent on my face.

She just laughs as I grab hold of her wrists to prevent her from escaping. Before I have time to say anything else, she points behind me in sudden excitement.

I let go of her wrists to see what she's pointing to. I see nothing. When I turn back around, she's already two steps away from me, bolting through the water. Cheeky girl.

"Hey!" I shout, and all I hear is her laughter in response. I race after her as fast as I can, luckily she's not swimming.

To my surprise, Gen holts immediately and I almost crash into her. Why did she stop? I take the moment to seal my arms around her and bring her to my chest. This time she can't escape. She screams, obviously startled, and we both begin to laugh.

"Why'd you stop?" I ask, curiosity clear in my tone.

She points to the large patch of seaweed covering the ocean floor behind her. By the disgusted look on her face, I can tell she hates seaweed. I don't like it much either.

Just as I am about to make a snarky comment on her fear, something-someone-crashes into me, causing me to bump into Gen. She screams in fear and shock as she falls backwards into the dark patch of seaweed. A loud 'splash' is heard when she crashes into the water. I jump in to retrieve her in an instant.

"You alright, babe?" I question, concerned. I am yet to release her from my arms. We are both sitting in the shallow, clear water. Her body is shivering, despite the hot sun above us. I can tell she's still recovering from her fright. Sandra is seated next to us, and keeps apologising repeatedly for pushing me. She's a lot like Genevieve.

Genevieve's POV

The cool water sliced through my back when I fell backwards into the pit of seaweed. It hurt a lot and just when I was going to call for Zayn, I noticed that he was already helping me up. I didn't hear much, but I am pretty sure Sandra was the one that pushed him into me. Accidentally, I hope.

"You alright, babe?" I love the way his voice sounded husky.

"No not really. If you don't mind, can you carry me to shore?" I painfully clutched onto my back, implying that I was hurt and I couldn't walk. I know, I am being a baby.

"Sure!" He says cheerfully and picks me up by the legs, folding his arms around me.

"Thanks," I say, as he wades through the shallow water and reaches the sand.

"You know, sometimes I feel like we are a couple. You know? I mean with the way we talk and our actions ... well, your actions..." I'm not even listening to what he's saying...his voice just sounds so nice and soothing to my ears. I wish this experience could last forever.

"So what do you want me to do now?" Zayn asks, once we are closer to our things.

"You can put me on your beach towel... if you want. If not mine is my bag." I say while pointing to his adidas towel, neatly laid out on the fine sand.

"I would love you to lie on my towel," he says whilst gently putting me down. He's such a gentlemen. 

He puts my feet down first and then let's go of the rest of my body. I didn't realise but I was still holding on to him.

"You don't want to let go?" Humour is clear in his eyes.

"Oh! Sorry babe," I quickly mutter, embarrassed. Wait... WHAT! What did I just say?! Oh great!

"No problem ... babe." he says exaggerating babe while winking and heads back towards the water. Luckily, he didn't appear to be in the mood to tease me about what slipped out of my mouth.

A/N:

If anyone is wondering what Gen looks like, she looks like Vanessa Hudgens :)

Twitter: @LiveLaughLoveWP