Chapter 15 - Friendzone?

Chapter 15

Zayn's POV

I know Niall said to give her space and stay in the friendship zone and whatever, but this is serious. If I don't do something about this now, I am going to lose her. I am going to lose the thing that means everything to me and the thing that I even cried about, and I never cry.

"I DON'T KNOW OK! I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO YELL AT ME OK! I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU FIRST!" Her voice is shaky and I know she is about to cry. Seconds later, tears are streaming down her face and guilt washes over me.

"Gen, I ..." I can't seem to find the words.

"NO ZAYN! STOP TALKING! I KNOW YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS ME AND YOU KNOW MINE TOWARDS ... TOWARDS HIM, YET YOU STILL CHOSE TO BE THIS WAY TO ME!" she says and lets out a big sigh.

"You know. I didn't give Louis a straight yes or no because I know if I did, you would ... do something, I don't know. I was going to ask you what you think about it because I don't want to lose you as a friend. Zayn, you are a great friend to me and I know you can be to Louis, but I know how you will behave towards all this ... and sometimes I feel that maybe ... maybe you don't want me to be happy." Endless amounts of tears are falling down her face. I know she is right, I would not have reacted well to her decision and maybe she is right. If she loves Louis, what can I do to change it? Maybe she is right ... maybe I am too selfish and didn't think about her happiness and what she wanted.

"You know what Gen. I'm sorry for being this way. My feelings about you changed yesterday, so don't think you know everything. You know what; I didn't actually give a shit about you until I saw the path you were heading to. I have no right to tell you what you should and should not do but don't say yes to Louis. Not for my sake, but for yours. He is not who you think he is and I ...." What I said was a total lie. Louis is good for her but I know that I can be better if I try. My feelings haven't changed at all but what else was I supposed to say. Gen, I love you with all my heart. Forget about Louis, I deserve you and you shouldn't love him. I gave you my heart from the start and you just gave it away. Although it's incredibly cheesy, maybe that would have been a good answer, but she will think I'm selfish. Before I can continue, she interrupts.

"If you have no feelings for me, then go. I don't need you, now excuse me while I heal your friends fever," she says and walks off.

I decide to enter the room. I see Louis sitting on the bed looking tremendously unwell. I walk up to him and sit beside him.

"Hey man, you ok?" I say.

"Go away Zayn!" His hand reaches to cover his forehead.

"I was just trying to be nice. Oh and by the way, I'm fine with you having Ge... Miss Clark. She's all yours." I say nearly crying. My voice is soft and I think Louis is surprised but I know he is too weak to respond. I walk to my bed, lean back on my head board and go on my phone.

...

Genevieve's POV