Chapter 2 - Falling for her

Chapter 2

Genevieve's POV

When I wake up Sandra is already dressed in a strapless t-shirt with what looks like cherries on it and a pair of dark denim skinny jeans and a cropped denim jacket. Her favourite necklace that her dad gave her is wrapped around her neck. Her dark brown hair is tied on the side and slightly curled.

"What? Is it too much?" Sandra asks as soon as she notices me eyeing her. She steps further into her guest room.

"No not at all. I'm just going to get dressed." The minute I get up I hear the doorbell ring and Sandra is out of the bedroom in no time.

I panic, and scowl at myself in frustration for not setting an alarm or something. Great, they are here and my hair is a mess and so is my room! I slam my bedroom door shut, and rummage through my cluttered suitcase, pulling out nearly everything. After was seems like forever, I finally locate my favourite pair of ripped light blue denim jeans and pair it with a loose white singlet, with lace straps. This will have to do. I rush into the small adjacent bathroom and comb through my knotted hair, wincing as the comb tugs violently at my skull. After my morning hair is somewhat supressed, I apply some moisturiser and rush out to meet the boys. I look like a mess compared to Sandra, but I don't have enough time to apply make-up and do my hair decently.

When I approach the lounge room, I immediately feel self-conscious. Sitting on the plush black couch are five gorgeous boys who I adore. I take a minute to take in their appearance. Louis looks breathtaking, wearing his skinny jeans and loose t-shirt. Right before I am about to turn around and hide in my room, Sandra calls me out. Damn it.

"Boys, this is my best friend, Genevieve." She introduces me, and I rotate my body to face the boys. They all look up and my eyes immediately meet Louis'. I try to fake a confident smile as I walk towards the couch to greet them.

"Hi." I awkwardly say, trying to avoid their intense gazes. Why are they staring?

Liam starts to introduce himself and the others but Sandra interrupts his introduction.

"Don't be silly, she knows who you all are," she laughs, before adding "she's a huge fan!" I already hate her for it, but I can see that the boys start to relax and I can't help but feel more comfortable around them. I know this sounds creepy, but I feel like I know them personally, when really, I know nothing.

"It's nice to meet you, Genevieve," Harry stands to greet me. Surprisingly, he pulls me into a friendly hug, before pulling away. I can't help but grin at his kind gesture. The other boys rise from their seats and begin to do the same, one by one.

Louis' hug is the best. His body is so warm and comforting and I wish I could bury my head in his chest forever. I know I'm weird. His warm smile makes my nerves vanish almost immediately, and his presence triggers my heart beat to speed up.

"Where are you all sleeping?" I can't help but humorously question, as Sandra's house only has two spare bedrooms. They all look at each other before looking at Sandra. She laughs.