Chapter 21 - She tricked me, I swear

Chapter 21

Gen's POV

As soon as I walk back into the house, I see Sandra. She is looking at something on her phone; her eyes are wide and her mouth is open.

"What are you looking at? Topless pictures of Harry?" I tease and giggle like a school girl. She doesn't budge.

Suddenly I am concerned. Usually she loves those kinds of cheesy and cheap jokes I make, but this time is different. This time, she looks genuinely shocked. I make my way over to the table and just before I lay my eyes on her iPhone, she pulls it to her chest. I raise my eye brow at her and wonder why she feels the need to hide something from me.

"Show me! What is it?" I whine. I am eager to know now.

"Um...nothing," she stutters. She's always been a bad liar.

I narrow my eyes at her and she squirms under my gaze. Her grip loosens on her phone and I take the opportunity to snatch it out of her grasp. She lets out a startled scream before sinking back into her chair. She looks...sad?

Ignoring her sudden outburst, I direct my attention to her phone screen. I let out a shocked gasp as I lay my eyes on the image before me.

"I'm sorry." Sandra whispers, her voice filled with disappointment, embarrassment and shame.

My vision blurs as I continue to examine the photo. Zayn is kissing another girl. And he's doing it in front of a whole restaurant! I blink back the tears that are threatening to spill and try to take deep breaths. Is this photo shopped? Who am I kidding, it couldn't be! He is wearing the same outfit I saw him in today and he is clearly kissing that girl on the lips!

I start to panic. I should have known. I should have known that Zayn would never go for someone like me. I mean, look at me. I'm a college student, majoring in what...geography?! He's an international pop star, more successful than Paris Hilton for god's sake! Why did I even think for a second that I had a shot with him?

Tears stream down my face as my thoughts travel to Louis. I just let a perfectly good, kind and loving man slip through my fingers. I can't believe that I rejected him for Zayn. I can't even stand his name anymore. Zayn. Zayn. The word alone sends a cold shiver down my spine.

I can't help but wonder...who is the girl? I can see in the background that Niall, Liam and Harry are nearby, but I can't make out who they're with or what they're doing. The photo is just one big blur.

Perhaps Zayn has a girlfriend? Maybe a mistress? Maybe he has a 'friend with benefits' relationship with her? What if he was just looking for someone to hook up with seeing as I can't satisfy him?

My mind is reeling with possibilities.

...

"You sure you don't want to talk about it?" Sandra asks as I continue to type rapidly; my fingers practically killing the keyboard. I shake my head at her question. I am in a state of rage and honestly, I cannot wait for Zayn to return so I can be as cold as ice to him.