Chapter 18 - Cologne?

Chapter 18

Gen's POV

I knew Louis would ask me this question, and honestly, I'm not sure if I really want to be his girlfriend anymore. All the things I said to him before were true, but I couldn't care less if I was with the person I love most. But now the puzzle pieces are beginning to create an image in my mind. Maybe Louis isn't the right one for me, I may have liked him, but I didn't love him. Now that I have gotten to know him, he isn't so great. Sure I mean he is nice, caring, loving and all ... but what about Zayn.

"Gen?" I must have trailed off into thought too much.

"I don't know. I need some time to think about it. I will let you know tomorrow," I say and get up from the bed. I feel bad for leading him on, but I honestly can't make a decision now.

...

I am getting ready to take my second shower today. It's not that I'm feeling sick, I'm just feeling ... misplaced. Like how you would feel if you didn't have any friends at school. Just as I close the door to Sandra's room, I suddenly break down and start crying. I don't really know what is with me but I feel like I don't know what to do and who to choose and who to stay away from, and maybe I am actually being a nuisance to the band, like Liam said.

"Gen, you ok?" I look up to see Zayn pulling my arms away from my face and helping me up. My innerwear drops to the floor but I couldn't care less.

I don't say anything to him; instead I walk towards him and give him a big hug. I tuck my face into his chest and continue crying. He slowly puts his arms around me with caution. I know he is afraid that Louis will turn up.

"What's wrong?" He asks again.

"I don't know what to do," I say still sobbing.

"For what?"

"I don't know who I love and trust anymore," I sob and hold him tighter. His hug is warm and comforting, something I only picture with someone like Louis.

"Zayn?" I ask and look up to him.

"Hmm?"

"What would you do?"

"I would follow my heart," he says and wipes the tears off my face with his thumbs and pulls my head back to his chest. He has his right hand on my head whilst gently stroking my hair and rubbing my back with his left hand.

"Do you want me to get Louis?" He asks me.

"I don't want Louis. I want you," I say. I don't care how he takes that, all I know is that I want him and him only. Zayn has been here for me no matter what, I've just been too blind to realise.

"Zayn ... do you still like me?" I ask. I didn't exactly think before I said it but I do really want to know now that the words are out in the open.