Chapter 6 - Game on

Chapter 6

Genevieve’s POV

I am in shock right now! What if Zayn left because he was upset about me talking to Louis, or because I didn’t kiss him! So many thoughts are running to my head and my heart begins pounding.

I slam the door shut and run downstairs. I enter the kitchen and practically scream when I spot Louis.

“Louis!”

“Yes dear?” he answers so calmly but I know he can see the panic in my eyes, I know he can. I try to ignore the pet name he just called me.

“Where… where … where did Zayn go?!” I sound so desperate right now and I can practically feel his heart sink. What have I done!

“Someone call for me?” Zayn walks in from the back door leading out into the garden and he doesn’t have a shirt on. Without questioning my thoughts or the situation I run towards Zayn and give him a big hug. It takes him a while to place two hands on my shoulders and pull me away. I can feel Louis’ eyes looking at me and Zayn full of confusion and maybe even…sadness?

“What has gotten into you?” Just as he says that I realise what I am doing.

“Oh right… sorry, I thought you left because when I went into your room, your suitcase wasn’t there, your bed was made and your novels weren’t on the table, sorry just sudden shock I guess…” Just as I said that I realize how stupid I sounded and Zayn probably already thinks I want a relationship with him. One that is more than just “friends”.

“Hey, Hon it’s alright. I just put my suitcase in the closet and hung up my clothes. I put the books in the drawer of the table and I just neatened up the bed like I do every morning. No need to be so desperate, I know what you want and you can have it when the time is right,” he smiles the cheeky smile he always does and walks off.

Wait … he knows what I want! Oh no… he must think I want to …. Ugh! I mean sure but not now … not yet at least. I’m not even sure I want anything with Zayn or anyone besides a friendship! I hope I’m not leading anyone on.

Without taking another look at Louis, I walk over to the coffee machine.

Zayn’s POV

I think she knew I was just teasing her … right? Who cares anyway, her actions warmed up my heart so much and made my day. Why was she looking for me anyway? Things like these about girls really get me thinking. I know she is meant to be taking Louis out “sight-seeing” (or to a make out session) but if I ask her first without a reminder about Louis, maybe she might come along with me.

Just as I reach the stairs, I look up and notice Harry, standing with his hip against the rail and his right hand lightly dusting it.

“Hey man, have a good rest?” Harry asks casually. I guess he didn’t hear the drama that just happened.