Chapter 5 - Love Triangle

Chapter 5

Zayn’s POV

The minute she notices Louis approaching the room, she jumps away from me in one swift move. I couldn’t care less about Louis seeing us making out, but by the look in her eyes, she sure does. For a moment I wonder why, but I guess it’s just a girly thing to be kissing privately.

I turn around to face Louis, who has an awkward expression plastered on his stupid face. I have to admit that I am mad at him for barging in like this, he should have known better. And I have been waiting to taste Genevieve’s lips for the whole day. Although I only met her today, I feel like I’ve known her longer. Maybe it was because we arrived so damn early in the morning.

“Sorry. I’ll leave you two alone.” Louis mutters, annoyance evident in his voice. I think about giving him a piece of my mind, but decide against it.

“No, you can stay. We were just talking.” Genevieve says, and now I want to give her a piece of my mind. Why would she even say that?

When I look at Louis, I can tell that he isn’t convinced by the fact that we were just ‘talking’ but he lets it slide, for her sake I suspect. He smiles, before nodding and making his way to his bed. Now, it’s awkward.

Genevieve’s POV

I almost am thankful that Louis interrupted Zayn and I’s intimate moment. For a second there I thought I actually wanted to kiss Zayn, but now that I have let my critical over-thinking mind take its place, I realise that it would have been a bad idea. I don’t even know Zayn, and it’s not right to be going around kissing people, I don’t care how attractive they are. I can’t believe Zayn tried to kiss me though, he was wasn’t he? Maybe he was trying to get food off my face.

Now that Louis is in the room I feel much more at ease than I should. I want to say something, but the current silence filling the room isn’t too bad and I may just grow to like it. As I continue to debate whether or not to speak up, Louis interrupts.

“So, Genevieve, how long have you and Sandra been friends for?”

“A few years now, I’ve always known her but we only got close a few years ago.” I reply. It is so typical of him, or anyone, to ask about Sandra and I’s friendship. I don’t mind speaking about it, of course.

“Cool.” He replies. Cool? Is that all he is going to say to me? Before there is time for another silence to fill the room, he starts talking again. Good.

“What do you have planned for the week?” he asks.

“Nothing, really. I guess just babysitting you lot,” I reply playfully. Louis chuckles adorably and I am proud of my response. When I turn to Zayn, however, he doesn’t look so amused. I wonder what his problem is.

“Well, as part of your ‘babysitting’ duties, you should at least take me sight-seeing,” Louis charmingly says, and my heart beats faster. Sight-seeing with Louis? I don’t mind if I do! I agree to his suggestion and his light up. I can tell he was only joking about the sight-seeing, but now that I’ve agreed, he won’t admit it.