Moonlight- Wolfstar

Sirius sat at the window of the boy's dormitory. His legs dangled over the edge in the open air. It was a chilly night, close to the full moon. Everything was lit up in a brilliant blue, like ice sculptures. Moonlight danced around the grounds, leaving no shadows in its wake.

Sirius shivered at the slight breeze that blew by, a sure sign that autumn was coming. Sirius loved autumn. The way that the leaves turned orange tipped with gold and streaks of red. The smell of pumpkin always hanging around, no matter where you were. The excitement of Halloween just around the corner. It was a beautiful time of year.

Sirius sighed happily as he took a drag on his cigarette. He closed his eyes and drank in the moonlight, the autumn atmosphere, the magical feeling of Hogwarts, all of it.

A cough behind him had his eyes instantly snapping open.
"Sirius?" He heard a sleepy Remus ask. "Sirius what are you doing up at this hour?"

Sirius nervously flicked at the ash. "I couldn't sleep..." He said, hoping Remus would just leave it and him alone. No such luck.

There was a rustling sound and the a padding of feet across the floor. Sirius looked back round at Remus, wearing an oversized jumper and boxers.

Sirius felt a slight blush rise as Remus yawned and ran a hand through his hair. 'That should be illegal' Sirius thought.

Remus sat down on the floor under the window. "So what are we doing?" He asked matter-of-factly.

Sirius blew a little smoke at him, which Remus coughed at and waved away with a hand. "Nothing. And everything." He said, looking back out at the glowing trees and lawn.

"Fine with me." Remus said, and they sat in silence for a while.

"Its so beautiful." Sirius eventually said, not taking his eyes away. Remus nodded.

"I suppose it is. Me and the moon aren't really on good terms at the moment, so I don't really see it."
Sirius frowned.

"Come on." He said, standing up off the window sill and grabbing Remus's hands. "We're going on an adventure."

The two boys snuck down the staircases and out of the castle, like they had so many times before. Sirius ran down to the lakeshore, laughing at the pure joy that came from midnight frolicks. They lay on the grassy edge, staring up at the twinkling stars.

"That one is me, Sirius." Sirius said, pointing up at the sky. Remus laughed. "I know it is, you've been telling us that one since first year."

Sirius scoffed. "Have not."

"Have too."

"Have not!"

"Have too!"

"Fine I give up."

Remus grinned and stuck his tongue out at Sirius. "Ha I won."
Sirius grabbed Remus's tongue and yanked on it. "Shuddup, I let you win."

Remus's eyes widened a bit. His tongue curled around one of Sirius's fingers. Sirius stared at Remus and slowly leaned in, pulling his hand away. Their lips met in a quick kiss.

To Sirius, it felt like someone had just poured molten moonlight over him and sprinkled the stars down on his head. "Wow." He said when they pulled away.

"Wow indeed." Remus said, brushing his lips with his fingers. "So ummm. What now?"
Sirius thought for a minute.

"Now," he said, "Now we continue looking at the night beauty around us and then we go inside and to sleep and we discuss what happened when I'm not drunk on moonlight and night air."

Remus nodded. "That sounds nice." He said and they lay back, holding hands, looking up at the stars that whispered tales of the most magnificent sort to them.
______________________

ITS SO FUCKING AMAZING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW, ITS A FULL MOON, AND EVERYTHING IS SUPER BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL AND I GOT INSPIRED TO WRITE THIS SO Y'ALL GET SLEEP DEPRIVED, ABSOLUTELY INSANE, AND HYPER MEEP.