1778- Lams

Real quick: this is set in the Revolutionary time period. That's all.

********

John Laurens stepped into the tent he shared with Alexander Hamilton. Alex was sitting on the cot, bent over a piece of parchment and writing non-stop.

John sighed.

"Alex do you ever stop writing?" he asked in an exasperated tone.

"Nope." said the man sitting on the bed without looking up.

John walked over in front of him and lifted Alex's chin so his eyes would meet John's.

"Alex, put down the paper." John whispered and Alex moved it to the side.

John leaned closer until he was just inches from Alex's face.

"I missed you all day." he said and glanced down at the other man's dark pink lips.

"John..." Alex said in a breathy voice.

"Shhh" John said and connected their lips in a soft kiss. Alex began to lean into it, but pulled away quickly.

"John why do we do this? It's-it's wrong for men to lie together as we do." Alex said while looking down at his hands.

John looked at his lover with half-lidded eyes.

"I do not know why we feel these emotions, but we do. All I know Alexander, is that even though this is wrong, it feels so right." He captured the other man's mouth again and this time, Alex did not pull away.

Alex deepened the kiss as John pushed him back on his cot. John braced himself on his elbows above Alexander and began to nibble and suck on his neck.

"John- ohhh!" Alex let out a moan as John bit down near his ear. Alex's fingers began to undo John's coat buttons and floofy scarf thing that the author cannot remember the name for at the moment.

John sat up and pulled off his coat and shirt so that he was barechested. Alex sat up as well and did the same. They repositioned so that John was straddling Alex's lap.

"Remember, quiet." John said before latching his mouth to Alex's collarbone.

"I'm trying- fuck John!" he gasped as John ground his crotch down. "We have done this enough that I know how quiet I have too ahhhh!" Alex let out another moan and burried his face in Johns freckled neck.

All of the sudden, they heard a twig snap outside. They glanced at each other and then scrambled for their shirts. They managed to make themselves look presentable just as General Washington stepped into the tent.

"Alexander have you finished that letter?" he asked.

Alex nodded and grabbed the paper he had been working on.

"Right here, sir. I just need you to sign off on it and it will be done."

Washington nodded at them, took the letter, and left. Alex and John looked at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"Why are we laughing?" Alex said as he wiped a tear from his eyes.

"I have not a clue in the world as to why, my dear boy." John said, as he tried to calm himself.

They took a few deeps breaths and smiled at each other. John grabbed Alex's hand and pulled him close. He lifted the other man's chin.

"Alexander Hamilton, even though this is 1778 and I should not have these feelings, I love you with all my heart." John said.

Alex smiled warmly at him. "Cold in my professions, warm in my friendships, I wish, my dear Laurens, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I love you." he said, before pressing his lips to his lovers mouth once more.

**************
I have no actual fucking clue where this came from. I mean, I know I'm obsessed with Lams but I didn't expect that whole almost smut thing to happen. Welp. This is gonna be awkward if any of my irl friends ever read it. I'm gonna go regret publishing this now.