tenth email back.

to: aspen
from: lane
subject: i was mom's favorite; just don't tell ivy!

tenth email back.

once when i was seven, when my ma was still alive, she took ivy and i to the zoo.

dad's a business man, who doesn't like hanging with his family.

i remember standing in the middle of fourteen year old ivy and ma, grasping both their hands, grinning like a fool.

i wanted to see the monkey's, and we did. i giggled and cheered at the small, quick creatures, pointing them out to my mom. she smiled her 'i love nothing more than you' smile at me, and took dozens of pictures of my sister and i.

we got ice cream, i got chocolate and most of it ended up on my shirt rather than in my stomach. but it was okay. everything was okay.

i had two teeth missing, both on top, but not next to each other. i loved the way the chocolate goo would ooze through the gaps.

my mom had the prettiest eyes i'd ever seen. [this was before i met you. you succeed her one hundred percent. i never knew green eyes could be so captivating.] when she looked you in the eye, you couldn't help but tell her the truth.

i once tried to lie about who cracked her picture frame, but one lock of our eyes, and i knew i was toast.

she had soft wrinkles in her cheeks that were prominate when she smiled. "laughing lines laney," she'd say, "only kind of wrinkles i'm proud to have."

her hair was dark like ivy and i's, and was soft like velvet. her voice was like an angel singing, and i loved when she'd tell me bedtime stories, animating each character's voice perfectly.

she was the best mom.

i miss her a lot.

i really miss her.

but somehow, some way, i think i miss you more.

i know i do.

and that's what scares me most.

-lane - wants you to come home so he doesn't have to miss you anymore.

••

a/n

i'm really happy you guys got to the quota for the last email, because i was just itching to post this!

wanna know why???

IN CELEBRATION THAT I'VE FINISHED WRITING ETY AND I'M IN LOVE WITH THE ENDING I NEVER KNEW YOU COULD ACTUALLY LOVE YOUR OWN WRITING BUT I LOVE HOW I WROTE IT.

SO NOW
i can update six times an hour if i wanted and not worry that i'll run out!!

i'm really excited if you can't tell!

oh, and if you wanna, you can make me a cover or a banner and i'll put it to the side and give you a dedication!!

and if you're like a super good one, you should send me kinda matching ones for lty & etm and i might use them!!
that'd be cool!

but, a bit of sad news. i don't think i will be writing 'excerpts from being with you.' i'm really not feeling it. i like the ending of this story too much, and i think excerpts may ruin it somehow.

and i'm just don't think it's a good idea.

not positive, but it's leaning more towards no.

but we sill have the collab and possible future stories to look forward to!!

so can you get this cute lane story to 415 votes and i don't know, thirty+ comments, cos i really love this email!

please vote and comment! :)