32. I Love You

Laura's POV

For the past two weeks I had been in hell at work. Dr. Shelley Durant had been bossing me around like she would in fact actually be my boss. Which she was not. She was an incredible surgeon, pretty, and I think she inherited money so rich too. But the woman had terrible people skills. She could in no way express emotion. It was easy to label her a heartless b!%@#.

And it wasn't like I was the only one getting her special treatment. She was awful to all the nurses unless you were a cute guy. Cause then the evil witch could miraculously know how to flirt.

When I got home I was in a horrible mood. I just wanted to go lay in bed possibly hibernate. But my mother yelled my name after hearing the creek of the back door opening. I dragged my feet to the kitchen.

My mother, Anita, and some other guy were huddled around the table laughing. The guy was really freaking hot. I know I have a boyfriend but oh WOW. His ocean blue eyes were playful and mysterious. His blond hair had flakes of white streaks but it looked so good on him. His angular jaw and deceitful lips were curling as I got closer. He looked like a younger version of Paul Walker.

"Hello." I politely greeted our guest.

"Oh honey you remember Axel, Anita's brother."

I took another lingering look at him. This was my sister's step brother. I couldn't believe an ugly duckling could have such a drastic transformation. He had uncontrollable acne and braces last time I saw him, ten years ago.

"Not really." I lied. As children I remember him being a spoiled little brat.

"Then let me formally introduce myself," he stood up and stretched out his hand, "I'm Axel Martin."

I shook his hand and smiled as sweetly as humanly possible. "Pleasure."

He wouldn't stop staring even after sitting back down. I began to awkwardly smile.

"He'll be staying here with us." My mother announced.

My brows arched in reflex. "Why? Can't he afford a five star hotel room?"

He smirked. I knew he could. His parents were filthy rich. He even smelled like money in his slick tailored black suit.

"Laura, don't be rude. He wants to be close to his sister. Besides we have a spare guest room." My mother apologized for me.

"But no room service." I tried walking away but her voice ran after me.

"Laura I need you to go pick up a few things for dinner."

"I just got home." I whined, my head throbbing. "Fine but I won't be here for dinner. I have to go to the wedding rehearsal tonight."

"I'll go with you to the store." Axel graciously volunteered.

I shook my head. I was not in a good mood and I feared I might snap on him. "No. It's fine."

Axel practically jumped out of his chair. "I insist. I already feel like a terrible imposition."

His ridiculous ocean eyes were piercing into my indifference. They had to be fake. Like, seriously they were aqua blue.

"No. I'm sure you and Anita have some catching up to do."

Anita waved her hand in disagreement. "I'm tired so I'll probably take a nap anyway."

I wasn't getting out of this. "Okay." I had to give in with mother hovering over me. "I just need to change first."

When I got back downstairs wearing fresh new clothes my mother had already prepared a list for us.

"We can take my car," he insisted.