11. Admitting Hate

-Chris' POV-

I woke up when I felt someone jump on top of me. I groaned with discomfort. Who the hell would dare wake me like this? I lazily opened my eyes and found the last person on earth I thought I'd see. Ben was smirking down at me like the cocky asshole he was when he pulled stupid shit on me. I pushed him off of me and he landed on his feet, unfortunately.

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you weren't getting here till tomorrow."

Ben shrugged his shoulders and hopped onto the lazy boy chair in the corner of the room. "My plans changed."

I shook my head, more to wake myself up than anything. I had to wonder, did Ben have a motive for changing his plans?

The morning went by in a blur. Ben and I helped our grandparents with a few chores around the house. Grandpa couldn't keep up with his garden anymore so I spend most of the time pulling weeds as he directed me. Ben took the easy way out and drove grandma to the grocery store. You could tell they loved having us around for the company. Grandpa dove into his war stories that I loved so much. I didn't even mind him repeating the same ones. The time flew and when I finally did check the time it was 5pm. The wedding rehearsal was in an hour. I needed to take a shower.

"I'm gonna head down to the church with you for the rehearsal," Ben said casually while he was looking down at his phone.

"What? Why? You're not even in the wedding." It just wasn't his kind of thing. Usually you'd have to drag him to wedding preparations.

"So, I'm family aren't I?"

Was he serious right now? If he comes that means he'll see Laura. My gut was telling me that was why he wanted to go.

How would Laura react to seeing him again? I didn't want things to get harder for her especially after what she told me last night. She didn't deserve more bad things happening to her.

"Ben why don't you stay here? I mean you can catch up with your old school buddies."

He gave me a stern look. "I already promised Michael I'd come and help with the last minute things."

"Right." I got up and scratched my head. This was going to be a long night. "I'm taking a shower before we go."

By the time we got to the church everyone was there including Laura which surprised me because usually she was late for everything. I saw her struggling to hang some decorations so I started walking in her direction but I was stopped by Dania.

"Hey Chris, can I talk to you for a second?"

I hesitated. "Sure."

She walked off and I followed her down the hall away from everyone else. Dania looked completely serious. Not like her bossy look that I was used to either. No it was much deeper than that. She honestly looked kind of pissed.

"What's up Dania?"

She placed a hand on her hip with attitude. "I need you to stay away from Laura."

What? Where was this coming from? What the hell was she talking about? "Well Dania that's kind of hard to do since I'm walking down the aisle with her tomorrow."

"Look," she said pointing a finger at me. "She's had a lot of stuff going on these past few days and she doesn't need you making things worse."

"What are you talking about?" I was extremely confused. I thought I was being nice, well nicer.

"Don't act dumb."

For a split second I thought that maybe Laura told her about out little heated, hate make out sessions.