1. Engagement Party

Lavinia B. 

Hating You Sweetly

© 2011, Romolavinia91

Message me via inbox or Facebook page if there are violations.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/ publisher. 

********

This book was inspired by one of my favorite songs. "I hate everything about you" by Three Days Grace. If you haven't heard it you are missing out.

_____________________________________________

The dark depressing clouds were drooping closer and closer to the earth bringing with it the unwanted splendors of rain. The heavy tapping of water hitting my windshield only slightly distracted me from the troubling subject at hand. Yet there was no avoiding it. I had tried everything.

"So when exactly is the engagement party starting?" I asked my best friend and bride to be.

Sarah was anxiously fiddling with her phone and clicking her home screen to check the time every ten seconds. I knew we were going to be late.

"In five minutes," she said in a tone conveying her helpless annoyance.

I didn't blame her for being irritated; after all it was her engagement party. She was also OCD about everything so punctuality was practically priority.

"Hey it's not my fault," I had to clear my name since it was she who wanted me to help her with her hair and make-up. "You were the one that wanted to look perfect. And perfection takes time...in this case a lot of time."

Sarah twisted in her seat and smacked my arm playfully. I only laughed but I had to admit she did look amazing. I didn't have to do much to her eyes because her long luscious lashes had always complimented her dark brown eyes. They gave her an appealing allure and natural eyeliner. Her light brown sometimes gold looking shoulder length hair was a pain to curl. It never wanted to stay in place, but of course, I was a wand curling master from all my feeble attempts on my own hair.

"So I was thinking I'd just drop you off and head to the–"

She cut me off before I could even finish my sentence.

"No!" She raised her voice at me like a mother yelling at her child. I should have been used to her sharp demanding tone but yet I still cringed back in fear. "You're my Maid of Honor, Laura. You're supposed to be there. You were actually supposed to have been setting up for this party."

I snickered in silence. I totally got out of decorating the event because I was helping Sarah put her face on. That left the job to Dania who was a bridesmaid in the wedding and a total control freak. We had been friends since as long as I could remember. Dania had a knack for organizing and taking charge. It was an annoying habit of hers that I graciously grew accustomed to ignore. I didn't take well to authority.

"Sarah, you know my mouth has no filter," I tried reasoning with her. "Your friends are not exactly my kind of people."

I wasn't antisocial or anything; I just had the tendency to speak my mind, which never led me to good places. I didn't want to embarrass her or end up ruining her night because I couldn't keep my comments to myself. Most of the people coming were her old friends from school.