Secret Wings

Chapter 1

Hailey P.O.V

I was running, running away from a big wolf. What does it want? chasing me every year on my birthday. I wanted to find out so badly but I wasn't crazy enough to talk to a warewolf so I continued running away from it. The same thing I do every year without fail.

It could have caught me easily. I mean, a wolf and a human? you've got to be kidding if it can't catch me. But, it seemed to want me to come to it, not the other way around. I never gave in before though.

Just as I was about to hide away from it, I heard a very smooth, angelic voice.

Go to the wolf my dear, it will lead you to the correct path...

Just as it appeared, it was gone. What did the sound mean? The wolf will lead me to the correct path? I shooked my head from my never ending thoughts and  looked around. The wolf was suddenly gone without a single trace.

What just happened? Why did the voice suddenly appear? who's voice was that? where did the wolf go? why did it suddenly leave?

A part of me was sad that I can't find out what the wolf wants. My other part was happy, at least now I can stop running.

"Hailey! wake up or you're gonna be late!"

"Hailey! hurry up!"

I woke up feeling dazed. Ugh, that dream again. The same darn old dream, torturing me every year making me have a headache. Just what I needed.

Note my sarcasm.

"Hailey, didn't you just hear me calling your name!? hurry up!" my sister, Esmeralda shouted again making my throbbing headache worst.

"stop all that screaming idiot. I can hear you," I snapped, getting out of bed and tying my hair up into a ponytail.

I heard her huff and walk away. What's her problem, waking me up so early? it's not like I've got school.

A minute later, my mom walked in, carrying my puppy, Nott with her. She placed the sleeping puppy in it's basket and walked over to me."what's with all the shouting hon?"

I sighed and turned away from her. "nothing, just a little annoyed with Esmeralda," I lied.

"are you sure that's all?" mom pressed, not quite believing me. "or... is it the dream?"

My eyes immediately widened. I know mom knew about the dream since it happened every year on my birthday and I've always complained to her about it, I just didn't expect her to guess it that fast. Oh well, mother's...

"aha, I gotcha," mom teased, seating down on my bed. "just ignore the wolf alright sweetie? don't make it get to you"

I sighed, frustrated. She's been telling me the same thing over and over again but the wolf is still appearing and nothing has changed. Maybe, just maybe, I should try something different?

"Hailey, do as I say okay?" mom asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her. She was giving me a disproving look. I guess she knew what I was thinking.

I grinned, "yea, sure mom. Anything you say"

Mom slowly nodded, not quite believing me. "well..." she said, changing the topic. "get changed quickly and head downstairs. Breakfast is going to be ready in 10"

I nodded "alright, I'll be down soon,"

Mom smiled and nodded before leaving the room. I sighed yet again as I hopped of bed and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. A good warm shower always helped to calm me down.

*****

I wrapped the towel securely around my body before leaving the bathroom. Rummaging through my wardrobe, I took out my everyday outfit. Plain t-shirt, skinny jeans and my purple hoodie.

I put them on and looked at the mirror. Long brown wavy hair, fair skin, a few dots of freckles & eyes that were a curious shade of purple. I always remembered someone telling me;

purple eyes are smiling eyes

I just couldn't put my finger as to who had said it. None of my family members had purple eyes. My mom has bright blue eyes and both dad and Esmeralda has got hazel eyes. 

Mom had once told me that I had gotten my purple eyes from my grandmother, who was long gone before I was even born. I know mom was lying though since I had stumbled across one of grandma's photo albums and saw that she had had blue eyes - just like mom's but I didn't want to start an argument over eye colours so I had kept my mouth shut.

I pushed my thoughts aside as I combed my hair into a loose ponytail. Once I was pleased with my appearance, I headed outside. Nott was still asleep so I made sure not to close the door fully in case he woke up and decided to go out.

"finally the princess decided to show up," Esmeralda said sarcastically when she saw me heading down.

I rolled my eyes and brushed past her as I entered the kitchen. Mom and dad were seating down sipping their coffee.

"morning sweetie" dad said looking at me.

"morning dad," I mumbled as I sat beside him and grabbed a piece of toast.

××××××××××

don't forget to •VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE

Question Of The Day: What do you guys think of the 1st chapter? :)

NurGomez