Take Care of Yourself

Tyler woke up to a throbbing headache. It felt like his brain was pressing against the side of his skull.

He held his head as he slowly rose from the bed, swinging his legs over so that they placed on the carpet underneath him. Remembering he got drunk last night, he panicked slightly.

Tyler usually didn't remember much, in fact, he was sort of a light-weight. But, he remembered most of last night for some odd reason. It was all so clear in his brain, almost like it had just happened five minutes ago.

A wave of sadness fled over him when he remembered Josh leaving him in the middle. Why did he do that?

It made Tyler feel so unwanted. Though, he shouldn't have done it in the first place. 

The truth in it all was that Tyler dated Brendon, not in the way you think, but just to get his mind off of Josh. Maybe if he occupied his time with someone else, he wouldn't worry about his best friend as much.

It always ate Tyler up inside, the fact that he couldn't be with Josh for personal reasons, but, when he found Brendon, everything seemed to fall into place. Tyler wouldn't have to worry about his relationship with Josh if he was with someone, it was a perfect idea, right?

But, Tyler's plan went in a different direction. Josh grew jealous, which was a pleasant backfire. Tyler loved Josh's jealousy, he fueled off of it. Tyler loved Brendon, but not in a relationship way, he loved Josh, but he could never come to terms with it.

When Tyler noticed Josh's jealousy, he knew he had the colorful-haired boy. Maybe it was a bad thing how confident Tyler was about it but, with every second, Josh's jealousy flared up more and he grew to hate Brendon. Which was not what Tyler had planned.

Tyler felt so content when Josh was touching him, he felt pure bliss and he felt wanted. The feeling of Josh's calloused hands trailing up and down the younger boy's body,  the way his lips seemed move perfectly in sync with his own, it was like a dream that had come true.

Tyler never felt like it could've happened, but it did and it was even better than he had imagined.

But, when Josh, just, left him last night, it felt like shit hit the fan. Tyler knew, though, that it wasn't right, but he couldn't help himself. Maybe Josh was doing the right thing by leaving him here last night. 

Why did it hurt so bad, though?

Tyler let out a long, painful sigh, realizing he would have to face the consequences of his actions at some point.

He got up out of bed, once again wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt and his underwear. Tyler ran a hand through his fluffy hair, lazily making his way down the stairs.

When he went into the kitchen, he noticed a stack of pancakes on the table, right beside it was a note.

Made pancakes for you, hope your hangover wasn't too bad. I'll be home from work later. Until then, eat some pancakes and take care of yourself.  - xoxo, Joshie

Tyler's heart fluttered at the note and he felt his heart drop. He didn't deserve Josh, he didn't deserve Brendon. He's treated them both terribly and now he was stuck.

But, just like everything else, Tyler was going to ignore these feelings, pushing them down until they disappear.

Tyler sighed again, grabbing a pancake on a plate and sitting on the couch, determined to watch TV and forget about everything for a while.

He sat for a little bit before he heard the familiar sound of the front door opening. It was Brendon. 

It wasn't weird that Brendon walked into the apartment uninvited, that was just Brendon.

"'Sup, baby," Brendon smiled, giving Tyler a kiss on the cheek, then walking around the couch to sit next to him.

"Hey," Tyler said in a tone that seemed sad and stressed.

"What's wrong?" Brendon asked, concerned, pulling Tyler close.

"I don't know, just thinking too much, I guess," Tyler sighed, cuddling up closer to Brendon so that his head was laying on the older boy's chest.

"Maybe I can help you get your mind off of whatever it is," Brendon smirked, snaking a hand around Tyler's hip and pulling him close.

Tyler giggled quietly at the touch, connecting his lips to Brendon's. The raven-haired boy's hands trailed up Tyler's body, making him melt.

Brendon began leaving kisses down Tyler's neck, making the younger boy shift his next in the opposite direction until he felt Brendon disconnect. Tyler groaned at the loss.

"Tyler?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah, B?" Tyler said in response, lazily.

"Where'd these hickey come from?"

oh shit

-i welcome death