Better Luck Next Time

Josh was sitting on the couch watching movies when he heard the doorbell ring.

He sighed and got off the couch, shuffling his feet over to the door. When he opened it, his face went from neutral to angry.

"What do you want?" Josh asked, completely pissed at nothing worth his time.

"My boyfriend," Brendon demanded, pushing past Josh and walking up the stairs.

Josh breathed heavily, trying his hardest to keep it together. He slammed the front door shut and slumped back onto the couch.

Josh could frequently hear laughing and giggling coming from Tyler's room and, god, he was about to lose it. He told himself over and over again, "This is not jealousy. This is not jealousy. This is not jealousy."

  .-||-.  

Josh was getting bored watching Netflix. He was tempted to go up and see what Tyler and Brendon were doing but he didn't think he could handle it.

He took a sip of his soda that was on the coffee table when he heard a loud moan come from upstairs. 

Josh choked on the drink, spitting it everywhere. There was no way he just heard that.

He listened for it again, hoping to not hear it another time. 

Another moan never happened. It was just the one and then silence from the top floor.

Josh let out a relieved sigh and grabbed a towel, cleaning up the mess of soda he spat out of his mouth.

Then he heard the sound of Tyler's door fling open, hitting the wall beside it and both of the boys letting out flirtatious giggles.

Josh looked up to see Tyler stumbling down the stairs in nothing but his underwear, blue and purple marks spread across his neck and chest. Josh felt himself bit his lip at the sight of the other boy half naked, he tried stopping himself.

Josh couldn't help but wish he was the one who made those marks on the small boy's body.

Tyler glanced over his shoulder at Josh, giving him a slight smile. He began walking over to the kitchen, barely swaying his hips as he walked over to the fridge.

He pulled out a bottle of whipped cream. Tyler turned around and was met with Josh right in front of him, grabbing him by the wrist.

"And what do you think you're going to do with that?" Josh asked darkly, his voice deep and hoarse.

"I'm... going to... eat it," Tyler replied slowly, all the while smiling uncontrollably, "Off of Brendon," Tyler laughed, releasing from Josh's grip and attempting to run up the stairs.

He almost got away before Josh grabbed him by his waist, pulling him in so that his back was against Josh's chest.

"No," Tyler scolded playfully, spraying whipped cream on Josh's face, "Bad boy, not for you," Tyler sprayed more whipped cream on the older boy's face, breaking free and running up the stairs.

Josh heard Tyler's door close and the sound of laughing above him.

Josh sighed heavily, wiping whipped cream off his face.

"Come on, Brendon, please," Josh heard Tyler whine above him. God, it was impossible for Josh to live like this.

"Just wait there, baby," Josh heard Brendon whisper to Tyler as the raven-haired boy came down the stairs. 

Brendon came down to the kitchen, also in his underwear, nail marks clawed up his back, and began rummaging through cupboards, obviously looking for something. 

"What are you doing?" Josh questioned, standing in the doorway.

"Looking for something--none of your business," Brendon shot Josh a death glare, then continued looking through the cabinets.

"Oh, I think it is my business," Josh stated, gripping Brendon's shoulder and turning him around to face him. "Who do you think you are?"

"Josh, I don't have time for this, Tyler's waiting. Also, I've been meaning to ask you, how the hell could you focus on anything with Tyler looking like that all the time? How long have you guys been living together? I wouldn't be able to control myself."

"I'm straight. I don't look at Tyler that way," Josh practically lied through his teeth. Brendon could clearly see through his lies, but he played along like he didn't.

"I'm surprised. I feel like he could make a straight man look twice," Brendon smiled. "He's almost too good to be true-"

"Listen, Brendon," Josh growled, pressing Brendon against the wall, "I don't know what you think you're doing but this isn't going to last long."

"Wh-What are you talking about?"

"You're just trying to torture me, I get it. I was a dick to you when we first met and this is your fun little way of trying to get me back."

"I'm lost. What do you think I'm trying to do?"

"You decided to date Tyler just to make me angry. Stealing him from me was your way trying to destroy me."

Brendon looked at Josh for a second before bursting into laughter underneath him. "You really think I'm petty enough to try and steal someone from you? God, Josh, what are you, five? I'm not dating Tyler because I'm trying to get back at you for anything, I'm dating Tyler because I love him. He means the world to me. Maybe if you would've taken the chance I wouldn't have," Brendon moved Josh off of him and began walking away.

Brendon turned back to Josh who continued to stand there, "Trust me, he wanted you. When we first met he never stopped talking about you. That's why I thought you two were dating. You had your chance, but he's mine now. Better luck next time," Brendon smirked, walking back up the stairs and leaving Josh saddened in the kitchen.

Was that true? Did Tyler really like him that much? Well, he had to, they fooled around and that was something neither of them might have expected. Josh never thought he would get caught up in someone like this. Especially not his best friend.

i feel really bad i havent updated my other fic and i should i'm just so stuck i'm having major writer's block on it idk what to do i really need to update it ah

i'm slowly dying and idk what to do i shouldn't have started two fics at once why do i do these things to myself

-take care of yourself--don't be as dumb as me :)