What Are The Chances?

Josh couldn't sleep at all last night. He almost punched a hole in his wall. The only thing he could hear all night was Tyler's high-pitched moans and the sound of the young boy's headboard hitting the wall over and over again.

Josh felt like he was slowly going insane. He didn't know why he kept lying to people, including himself. There was no reason he should keep telling people he was straight when it was so obvious it wasn't true. No straight man sucks his best friends dick. He didn't really find enjoyment in working with girls at his job. He had always wondered what it would be like to be with a guy but he never tried it. He was always too afraid.

Trying guys wasn't the worst idea in the world. Josh remembered having a friend he always thought was attractive when they were younger. He dismissed it as being a confused, hormonal teenager and never went back to the thought. 

Josh remembered liking that boy a lot, actually. Tyler and him weren't super good friends at the time like they are now and Josh didn't feel that way about him yet. Josh always saw that boy was dating someone, the boy he was dating was small and brunette but Josh never really got a good look at him.

Maybe Josh still had his contact. They haven't talked since high school but it was a possibility for them to get back in touch.

He would do it later, though. Procrastination is a bitch.

It was about 11 am and Josh hated the idea of having to face Tyler and Brendon after what he heard all night.

Hesitantly, Josh flung his feet out from under his covers and placed them on the ground, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

He got out of bed reluctantly, his dark gray sweatpants resting sinfully low on his hips. The thought of facing Tyler and Brendon after everything he heard last night was not something he was looking forward to. It was either that or call that boy from high school. Choosing the first option was the one that took the least amount of effort.

Josh walked lazily down the stairs and yawned once again. He stopped at the end of the staircase when he saw Tyler sitting on the counter with Brendon against him, kissing him passionately just as Josh was doing with that girl the other night.

Josh rolled his eyes. Did they have to do all this stupid shit in front him all the time?

Tyler, on the other hand, was too distracted with Brendon to notice Josh standing in the doorway.

Both Tyler and Brendon jumped when they heard someone clear their throat from the other side of the kitchen.

They looked over to see Josh standing by the stairs, clearly annoyed.

"Having fun?" Josh chuckled, walking to the fridge. He noticed Tyler was wearing his oversized t-shirt and nothing else besides his own underwear. Josh's shirt was on Tyler's body and that just made Josh smile.

Brendon was in his work uniform and Josh wondered why Tyler wasn't as well.

"Yeah, definitely," Tyler smiled getting off the counter.

"I've gotta go, my shift starts in a little bit. Love you," Brendon cooed, giving Tyler a kiss on the cheek and making his way to the door.

"Love you too," Tyler blushed, waving Brendon goodbye as he made his way out the door.

After Brendon left, it was only Tyler and Josh in the kitchen sitting in an awkward silence.

"Hey, listen, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to lash out like that," Tyler apologized, sitting back up on the counter.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," Josh responded while texting.

"Why don't we order a pizza or, oh, I have a bottle of vodka I just got, wanna share it?" Tyler offered, hoping he could go back to spending time with his best friend.

"I can't. My friend's coming over," Josh said in a tone that almost insulted Tyler.

"Oh. Do I know them?" Tyler asked curiously.

"I don't think so. He's from high school."

"And you're contacting him right now?"

"Yeah, I thought we could catch up. Is that a problem?" Josh sassed jokingly.

Tyler shook his head innocently. Josh chuckled at him. "As good as you look in my shirt I think you're gonna wanna change."

"I don't want to change. Your friend can just deal with me in one of your shirts," Tyler pouted.

Josh laughed at the smaller boy's defiance. "Alright, well, he's gonna be here in, like, 5 minutes. It's crazy, we went to high school in New Jersey and he's here in Ohio. And he's only a few minutes away, what are the chances?"

Tyler felt his heart drop. There was no way he could be talking about him, right? Nah, it could just be a coincidence. People move, it happens.

"O-Okay, I'm, uh, I'm just gonna watch some TV," Tyler muttered, sliding off the table over to the living room.

"You alright?" Josh asked, noticing Tyler's quick mood change.

Josh noticed Tyler limp while he walked. Oh, God.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just- I'm tired," Tyler sighed.

"Brendon really did a number on you, huh?" Josh snickered.

Tyler shot him a death glare and continued limping to the living room.

He flopped down on the couch and hoped that the man Josh was calling wasn't who he thinks it is.

He watched TV for a while before he heard the dreaded sound of the doorbell ringing. Tyler held his breath as he listened to Josh walk up to the door and open it.

"Hey, Bert, it's been so long," Tyler heard Josh welcome. Tyler felt his entire stomach flip. There was no way he'll be able to get away from him now. 

i'm a bad person

someone please stop me

-fite me m8