So Weird

"Sorry, Bren, I can't come tonight," Tyler said over the phone.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Brendon asked, obviously concerned.

"Um, yeah, I just don't feel very well," Tyler reasoned, picking at a string that was coming out of his blanket.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. Do you want me to bring you anything?"

"No, I'm fine. How about we reschedule for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah, we can do that."

"Okay. I'm super sorry."

"Don't be. I'll see you tomorrow at 7. I hope you feel better soon."

"Thanks, B, I'll see you tomorrow."

Tyler hung up and flopped down on his bed, letting out a heavy sigh. He didn't sleep at all last night and he felt terrible.

"Tyler?" Josh asked, knocking on the door.

"Go away," Tyler yelled back.

"You haven't come out of your room since last night. Are you okay?" Josh asked. He heard the door unlock and it opened to reveal a very disheveled Tyler.

"You forced me to go to a disgusting frat party and look what happened."

"Yeah," Josh said, running a hand through his hair and down his face, "I'm really sorry. I should've just brought you home."

"Why did you bring me there in the first place?"

"I-I don't know," Josh said, looking down at the ground. The two just stood there for a while not saying anything.

"Well, what do you want?" Tyler asked, finally breaking the silence.

"I just wanted to know if you were alright and if you need anything."

"I'm really fine, please, j-" Tyler sentence was interrupted by the ring of the doorbell.

Josh looked at Tyler in question as if to say, 'who's that?' Tyler looked back at him and shrugged.

Josh walked downstairs and opened the door. He was met with a smiley raven-haired boy holding a picnic basket.

"Hi, um, is Tyler here?" Brendon asked.

Josh sighed and glared at Brendon making the smaller boy slightly confused.

"Yeah, he's upstairs," Josh said, reluctantly, just staring at Brendon. Josh was just standing in the doorway, taking up the entire thing so that Brendon couldn't go through.

Brendon just looked at Josh, waiting for him to move so that he could go through the door but he never did. "Um," Brendon said, walking closer and waiting for Josh to even budge.

"Sorry," Josh apologized with a fake expression and moved out of the way. Brendon just smiled at him and began walking upstairs.

Brendon knocked on Tyler's door and waited for a response.

"Josh, I told you t-" Tyler opened the door to see a happy Brendon with a brown basket in his hand.

"Oh, hey, Brendon," Tyler smiled.

"Hi. I know you said you didn't want anything, but I thought we could just stay here and have a picnic," Brendon suggested, holding up the basket. 

"That sounds really nice," Tyler chuckled slightly, letting Brendon come in.

Brendon laid a red, plaid blanket down on the ground and both of them sat down.

"So, um, what's up with your roommate? Josh, right?" Brendon asked, taking out a container.

"Yeah, uh, I don't know. Why? What did he do?" Tyler questioned, taking the container Brendon handed to him.

"He wouldn't let me through the door at first," Brendon said, taking a bite of his sandwich, "I don't know, I could be wrong," Brendon muffled through a mouthful of food.

Tyler giggled at how childish the older boy was, "Brendon, don't talk with your mouth full, silly," Tyler laughed.

"Sorry," Brendon continued with his mouth still full of food.

"He really did that? God, he's been acting so weird lately," Tyler sighed, shaking his head, "He took me to a frat party last night..."

"Mm, how'd that go?"

"Terrible. I don't even know why he brought me there. I was so-" Tyler stopped talking when he heard shuffling by his door that Brendon didn't hear.

"Be right back, Bren," Tyler said, glaring at the door.

"Everything okay?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah, yeah, just wait."

Tyler tip toed over to the door and quickly opened it. Josh flopped down on the floor in front of him.

"Really, Josh?" Tyler rolled his eyes, "What the fuck?"

"I-I was just w-walking b-by and-" Josh stuttered getting up from the floor.

"Can you just leave me alone today? God, Josh, you're being so weird," Tyler sighed, slamming the door in Josh's face.

"Sorry," Tyler apologized, sitting down in front of Brendon again.

"What's his problem?" Brendon asked.

"I don't know but, he needs to stop soon or I'm moving out. He's just being really weird," Tyler answered.

"I brought something special," Brendon said, pulling out a box. He opened it to reveal an assortment of chocolate covered strawberries.

Tyler gasped, "Brendon-"

"It's kind of like a "first date" so I thought it could be extra nice," Brendon smiled widely.

"Also..." Brendon said, reaching further into the basket, "This," He pulled out a bottle of champagne and two champagne glasses.

Tyler gasped again, "How did you even... we're only nineteen."

"I have friends in holy spaces," Brendon smirked, pouring the alcohol into both glasses.

"Wow, this is really amazing. Thank you so much," Tyler stated, taking a sip from his glass.

I ship Bryler so much, anyone else?

-Pam and Jim are the ultimate OTP besides Frerard