He Didn't Have To Know

Tyler got off the couch and peeked from behind the wall, trying to see Bert standing at the door. He was silently panicking from the living room, trying to keep it together.

Tyler waited until the right moment before he began tip-toeing over to the stairs, hoping he'd be able to get up to his room and escape this.

He almost made it to the staircase before he heard Josh's voice stop him.

"Hey, I want you to meet my roommate Tyler," Josh smiled, walking over to Tyler and dragging him up to Bert. 

Tyler was extremely uncomfortable. He needed Brendon here right now.

"Bert, this is Tyler. Tyler, this is Bert," Josh smiled.

"Nice to meet you," Bert grinned, acting like he's never seen the brunette boy ever. He reached his hand out for Tyler to shake and Tyler looked at it with pure dread on his face.

Bert continued to look at him with those dark eyes that always got to him, an innocent smirk plastered across his face.

"I'm sorry, he's not usually like this," Josh apologized, "Why don't I show you around instead?"

Tyler watched nervously as Bert dropped his hand, walking past the younger boy, meeting with Josh to start walking around the apartment.

He stared daggers at the back of the taller man's head, watching intently as he disappeared into the next room.

Tyler let out a shaky breath and quickly made his way up the stairs. When he got to his room, he slammed the door shut and sat in front of it, continuing to breathe heavily.

All he wanted was to call Brendon right now, but Brendon didn't know who Bert was or what he's done and Tyler wasn't planning on telling him. He didn't want Brendon to worry or try to fix the situation, everything would just turn out worse if that was even possible.

Tyler started to hear the familiar sound of Josh's voice inch closer to Tyler's door, Bert's footsteps following close behind.

"This is Tyler's room, a.k.a where he spends every hour of every day," Josh chuckled.

Tyler mentally kicked Josh for telling Bert where he slept, but it's not his fault, he doesn't know.

"Ah, well, I better get going. I'm lucky I had enough time to visit you here. I'll text you later," Tyler heard Bert say.

"Oh, okay, yeah, I'll text you," Josh said before Tyler heard both of them head downstairs.

Tyler felt like a child hiding from his parents' friends like this. He opened his door a crack before he peeked out, hearing the front door shut, signaling Bert had left.

Tyler let out a sigh of relief, hopefully he wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

Tyler ran downstairs, seeing Josh in the kitchen again.

"Hey, Joshie, wanna get a pizza now?" Tyler smiled, getting Josh's attention.

"Yeah, sure," Josh said flatly, "Wait, did you just call me 'Joshie'?"

"Y-Yeah, I always call you Joshie. Usually when I'm mad at you, but yeah," Tyler assured, looking at him with a puzzled expression. 

Josh hummed in response, a stupid, dorky smile on his. Tyler wanted to punch him in the face for being so lovable.

The two of them were now sitting on Tyler's bed watching Netflix, eating pizza, and drinking vodka.

Tyler was way more drunk than Josh was. He'd already fallen off the bed four times in the last 20 minutes.

"You're gonna have a terrible hangover in the morning," Josh warned.

Tyler began laughing uncontrollably, stuffing his face with pizza. He laughed like Josh said something funny, which he didn't. 

"Are you gonna be alright?" Josh chuckled at Tyler's intoxication. 

"No, I'm craving dick," Tyler pouted.

Josh almost choked on air. He cleared his throat trying to comprehend what his best friend just said. "Um, what?"

"I need dick. I haven't had it in..." Tyler paused to look at a wrist watch that wasn't there, "like, 15 hours."

"How are you gonna fix your problem?" Josh laughed until he saw Tyler bite his lip and inch closer.

"I thought you could help me," Tyler smirked, placing his hand on Josh's bicep.

Josh panicked mentally. This was wrong, this was all wrong. His heart beat fast, almost like it was about to come out of his chest. God, he wanted this so bad. He wanted this for so long but he just couldn't because Tyler always thought of Brendon first. But, he didn't have to know, right? Josh felt in the back of his mind that this was wrong because of Tyler's drunkenness, but Josh was also quite drunk and Tyler made a move first. Everything would be fine.

"Oh, yeah? I think I could," Josh said with a sly smile, pulling Tyler in for a kiss.

Josh felt pure bliss. It seemed like forever since he'd kissed Tyler and it even better than he remembered. He loved the feeling of the younger boy's soft lips against his own slightly chapped ones.

The heat coming from Tyler made Josh melt. He pulled the smaller boy on top of him so that Josh was laying on his back without breaking the kiss.

This is wrong.

Josh began leaving a trail of kisses down Tyler's neck to which the brunette boy let out small moans, tilting his head to the side for better access.

This is wrong.

Josh bit down softly, kicking in the places where he did, surely leaving marks that would be there for days. Tyler began grinding down roughly on Josh, making him groan at the much needed friction.

Stop, this is wrong. 

"You look so good in my shirts," Josh whispered, continuing to trail his hands up Tyler's body. Tyler let out a small string of moans before he began palming Josh, causing him to suppress a moan underneath him.

Josh was not about to have Tyler dominate this situation. He flipped the two of them over so that Tyler was now on his back.

Josh continued kissing down Tyler's neck, making the boy writhe under him with pure pleasure.

"Ah, I love you," Tyler moaned. 

Josh stopped mouthing his neck and looked at him, perplexed, as if to see if he really just said that. Tyler looked back at him with pleading eyes that showed he meant what he said despite being drunk off his ass.

"I-I can't do this," Josh said. He knew that if he had Tyler's trust, he couldn't do this to him. There was no way he could be with Tyler without feeling guilty about it afterward. Josh loved Tyler, too, and doing this to him is not what people who love each other do.

"What, why?" Tyler asked, his expression going from happy to disappointed.

"You're drunk, this isn't right," Josh reasoned, getting off of the smaller boy.

"Oh... okay," Tyler looked at him with eyes that could melt anyone's heart. Josh hated when Tyler gave him those eyes because it was a sign of defeat, not in a good way. 

Tyler didn't say anything while he laid on top of his covers, facing the opposite direction, huddled up in small ball.

"Tyler, I-"

"I get it, Josh. Close the door on your way out," Tyler sounded so sad. His voice was weak and barely made it past his lips.

Josh sighed and walked out, closing the door behind him as he was told.

His mind was racing with thoughts. He knew he was doing the right thing by not continuing but at the same time, he thought about how Tyler felt.

What if Tyler felt like Josh just didn't want him? Josh stopped the situation so abruptly, which is what he needed to do, but Tyler was so sad about it. He was drunk, how could he have feelings about the situation?

merry crisis

-death