Theme Park

Katniss P.O.V

After I had calmed down , which didn't take very long because Peeta was there we went back up to our room. I was about to sit down when I heard my phone ring. "Hello" I answer. "Katniss , it's Effie. Do you remember the singing competition I asked you to he in when you first came here?" She asks. "Yeah?" I say. "Well remember how they were cancelled and we would find out when they were?" She asks me. "Yeah" I lie . I actually forgot all about them. "Well they have been rescheduled for next Wednesday and I would like you and Peeta to enter" she says happily. "That should be fine" I say. "Great, practice on Monday after school" she says . "Alright bye" I say. "By Katniss" she says and I end the call. I groan as I sit on the couch. "What's wrong?" Peeta asks. "We have to do a singing competition" I say sadly. "YAY!" He says sarcastically and I laugh. "Let's get ready" I say and he nods as I head to the wardrobe. I pick out a pair of light wash denim shorts, galaxy crop top and navy blue toms. I put on my necklace that Peeta got me and tie my hair up in a messy bun. I put a navy blue bow in my hair to match my toms and them put on some light makeup. I just put some EOS
Lip balm on and mascara with a bit of blush. When I walk out I see
Peeta wearing a blue shirt with jeans. I give him a hug and spray my La Vie Est Belle perfume on. (It means life is beautiful. I recommend it) we both walk down the stairs and the smell of pancakes hits my nose. I run the rest of the way. And pop my head in the kitchen door. "Pancakes?" I question and everyone laughs at me. "Give me some" I say. Finnick looks at me and I huff. "Please" I say. "Much better" he says patting my head. I laugh and grab a plate holding it out to him as Peeta walks in. He laughs at the sight . Finnick puts 4 pancakes on my plate. "Thank you fin" I say like a five year old. I sit up. "Morning" I say. They all mumble morning. I laugh at them. "Hey there's a new water park opening today, wanna go" gale asks. "I DO!" I scream happily. Everyone seemed to wake up and agreed to it. "Let's get changed !" I say and drag Peeta upstairs. He sighs as I drag him up. "Be out in five" I say heading to the wardrobe. I keep my shorts on and take out my bikini. I pick a navy blue one with white bows at the side of the bottoms. I put my crop top back on and change my toms for sandals. I walk back out and kiss Peetas cheek. "Ready?" I ask. "Wait , you forgot something" he says. "What?" I ask turning around and he points to his lips. I smile and walk over kissing him. "Katniss , Peeta were leaving" I hear Johanna shout. "Be down in a minute" I shout back and kiss Peeta again and hug him. "I love you" I say and he smiles. "I love me too" he says and I laugh. "Just kidding I love you too" he says and I smile. He kisses my cheek and grabs my hand. "Let's go" he says and we head downstairs.

-----

(Skip car ride , because I'm lazy and it's late)

As soon as we get there we run out the car and towards the entrance. We all get our bands and walk through the gates. "Wow" I say shocked. It's huge. There are rides everywhere. "Do you want to go round in couples?" Johanna asks. "Sure" we all say and then head off in different directions. "Can we go on that one." I say pointing to a ride. "Is this not a water park?" He asks. "Yeah but I think there is some regular rides as well." I answer. "Okay let's go" he says and we walk to the line. The line moves quickly and we are soon at the front. We climb into the cart and the barrier comes down. It starts to go uphill and it all of a sudden stops and flies forward. I scream and laugh as we descend. As we get off the ride we are both laughing so hard. "Let's go on a water ride" I say and we head off to a water slide. We pick the biggest one and wait in line. We have to climb 60 feet to get to the entrance and then wait in line. We soon get strapped in and the ride starts. We start off going slow but then the ride speeds up and we lurch forward at an unnatural speed. We get to the bottom and then water comes out from everywhere and soaks us. We get off and then Peeta takes my hand and leads me to the tunnel of love. I smile and blush as we take our seat on one of the little boats. (Just a warning this is extremely cliché) we both look at each other and soon we both lean in and kiss. I hear a few awes from people walking by. We pull back and Peeta pulls me in close. I smile and then we get off at the end. "Would you like your picture" the man asks us and we nod. He hands is one and it's a photo of us kissing going down the small river. I smile and blush. We both walk away. "Let's play some games" he says and I nod and we go to some of the stalls.

-----1 hour later-----

After playing some games and winning THE biggest stuffed bear ever. Well technically Peeta won it and gave it to me. How sweet. We both go and sit on a bench with ice cream and wait for the others to meet us. After about five minutes they start to arrive. They are all smiling like crazy , well the girls are. Awe how cute. They all look at me and Peeta and smile. "What?" I ask. "Nothing" they says suspiciously. I smile and wait for the final two , Johanna and gale. They soon come and we all head home. As soon as we get back we all go to our rooms because everyone is tired. I lay down in Peetas arms and he plays with my hair. "Katniss" he says. "Mm" I say too tired to talk. "Promise me something" he says. "What?" I ask. "That you will always be with me" he says. "I promise" I say and I can tell he's smiling. "Love you" I say. "Love you too" I say. "Sing" I mumble into his chest and he chuckles causing me to smile. He starts to sing demons by imagine dragons and I stay awake through the whole song. (You should listen to this song , I love it!)

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

At the curtain's call
It's the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you made

Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

When he finishes I shut my eyes and the lasts thing I remember is Peeta kissing my cheek and that's when darkness took over.

(A/N) Hello guys. Sorry it took so long but I was trying to think of something to write. I apologise for any spelling mistakes but I have written this full story on my IPhone and it's not as easy as it sounds. Hope you liked it ! Love you !! ~ Kayleigh💜💗