Chp 18

Me and CJ get back home to our uncle's. He takes the steering wheel cover off the steering wheel, and we go inside. CJ goes to the bathroom and fills the sink up with bleach and let the steering wheel cover and gloves sit in it for awhile. After a few minutes, he takes the steering wheel cover and takes his shirt off and throws it in the washer. Our uncle takes care of the rest, washing out the sink and the washer after the clothes finished washing. CJ goes to shower then afterwards joins me downstairs to take a shot of soju. One man down.

Eomma, appa...it's all over soon. You'll get to truly rest in peace once the last man responsible, takes his last breath after he suffers way worse than Eomma did. And maybe I can truly heal from all of this once it's all over. I take a shower, then me and CJ prepare for tomorrow, getting everything together. We set our alarm and knockout for the night.

--------------------

We wake up to the sound of the alarm going off. I usually hate waking out of my sleep, especially early. But this? For my parents? For revenge and some closure? I get up with no hesitation. We brush our teeth and wash our face. We get dressed then head downstairs and watch tv. Almost 30 minutes later, we get a text from Jae In. He tells us to meet him in some parking lot and texted us the address. We leave and head there. We can't really be seen with him in public, it's too risky. We get there and he signals for us to follow him. He calls us and asks us if we ate. We tell him no so we end up following him to McDonald's. It had to be somewhere with a drive thru. We order our food and park behind the building and eat in the car. Jae in slips his mask on over his mouth and lowers his hat on his head and gets into the backseat of our car. We start to eat and discuss today's plans.

Jae In: "Alright boys. Dong Ju isn't home. He left about.." he checks the time. "An hour ago and won't be back til around 5pm. I already secretly made a key to his house. After we're finished here, we'll head to his place and I'll show you two around. Get very familiar with the layout."

This is nothing to me. We both have picture memory. Appa made sure we were also trained in the dark. He wanted us prepared for anything and everything. So if we study the layout long enough, We can easily get around in the dark.

Me: "It's nothin."

We finish eating and discussing then Jae In gets back into his car. We follow him to Dong Ju's house. We entered from the back way so we're not seen. We all get out after slipping our masks on over our mouths and putting gloves on. We walk up to the back door and Jae In unlocks it and we walk in. It's a nice house I'll admit. It's not huge but it's not small either. We entered through the back basement door. Me and CJ walk around studying the entire room. There's exactly 5 stairs that lead into the dining area. We walk up those stairs. CJ being the first. We hear a squeak sound.

CJ: "Nah. We're gonna have to skip this 4th step. Too noisy."

We examine the dining area and kitchen. Next we enter the living room. He has a bunch of statues so we study and memorize where each of them are placed. If we bump one and break it, we'll have to move faster. After we study the area for awhile, I came up with an idea. I turn to Jae In.

Me: "Uncle, guide us when needed."

I lift the mask from my mouth, and slip it over my eyes. CJ follows my lead and does the same. We slowly start to walk around the living room, using our memories to guide us.

Jae In: "Ye Jun (their dad's name) taught you two well. You two don't need my help." He says, proudly.

We succeed in getting around the living room.

Jae In: "Alright the bedroom is down the hall on the other side of the living room. The 3rd room on the right. Let's go."

We follow him and once we get to that hallway, we count how many steps it is until we reach each room.

4 steps to the 1st room on the left. Guest bathroom.

7 steps to the 2nd room on the left. Washer and dryer room with walk-in linen closet.

9 steps to his bedroom. The 3rd room on the right.

We make sure to instill that into our heads. We take an hour studying the entire upstairs and walking around "blinded". His room and bathroom is pretty spacious, but simple. We take an extra 30 minutes studying the downstairs again. Once we got it, We place hidden mics throughout the house.

CJ: "Can I ask something? how are you able to work for keun appa but stay by this guy and the...well who WAS the accomplice, without getting found out?"

Jae In: "Easy. I have two phones and when I meet up and discuss business with your uncle, it's never here in Seoul. I fly out to Busan and meet him there. Plus my family is out there. So it works out perfectly. It gives me an alibi. Since Dong Ju got out a couple days ago, he thinks I was 'assigned' to him by his half brother to protect him. His half brother is a very wealthy man. And Dong Ju is a very money hungry man. Dong Ju wants him dead and I'm sure you get why he wants him dead. He thinks they made a deal. But just like all of us, the brother also wants him taken care of before he takes him out. And this is perfect timing, because the brother's days are numbered. When two people have the same enemy, mind as well work together."

I nod my head. We leave and head back to the cars. It's pouring down raining out here. Perfect. The storm is coming. Jae In hands us the spare key to the house then we get in our cars and part ways. Me and CJ head back home to our uncle's place until it's time.