Chp 8

I pull into SungJae's driveway..or should I say my new home. I park and slowly get out of the car. My ears are still ringing. I see Peanut playing with one of his toy bones on the front yard. I close the car door and that alerted Peanut. His head turned to my direction and he sees me and I can tell he's barking like crazy. I'm all bloody and crying my eyes out. I start limping towards the front door but of course Peanut is much faster. Especially right now. He runs through his doggy door and disappears. I finally made it up the steps and to the front door and unlocked it and stepped inside. I started feeling dizzy from either the steps or just standing.

SungJae and Dee were standing near the kitchen island. SungJae had a confused look on his face. I guess he was trying to see why Peanut was freaking out. I dropped my keys on the wooden floor by the door and everyone's head snapped to my direction. Both Dee and SungJae's eyes widened when they saw me and the condition I'm in. SungJae immediately started to run up to me while it looked like he was yelling something but I still can't hear anything but ringing. His eyes are becoming red and watery. Him and Dee's face expressions started to make me panic. Do I look that bad? I can't feel my face. Is it still there? Richard almost killed me. The man I once loved. The man that I at least thought once loved me. This morning could've been the last time I saw SungJae and heard his voice. He's going to kill me. The next time Richard sees me, he's going to kill me. I'm scared. I start to see two of everything again. I start to gasp for air.

Me: "SungJae...What's happening?!?" I struggled getting out. My voice is almost completely gone.

He's panicking. His mouth starts to move at rapid speed. He's talking to me but I don't know what he's saying.

Me: "I can't hear you! SungJae I can't hear anything!"

My whole body is wobbly and everything starts to slowly fade to black. Am I having a panic attack? Or am I actually dying? Next thing I know, I collapse and pass out right on the floor of my new home.

**********

I wake up and immediately feel pain. I notice that my hearing is back a little. I still can't feel too much of my face though. I notice that I'm in a room. Not SungJae's room....or should I say our room. I'm in a room that's totally different. I'm all bandaged up. And my torso is wrapped. Im breathing through an oxygen mask. I hear shouting from a distance. It sounds like SungJae. I try to yell his name, but my voice is still kind of hoarse from being choked. I take the oxygen mask off and get out of the bed as slowly as I could. It hurts but I want to be where SungJae is. Why is he shouting? Who is he talking to? I slowly walk out of the room. Great. Stairs. I'm not even going to attempt this again. So instead, I just stand near the stairs and listen.

SungJae: "Fuck! He did this to her! Who the fuck else would it be?!"

??: "SungJae, please calm down. She's resting upstairs. It's best she gets as much rest as she can. Let her explain everything when she wakes up and is ready."

SungJae: "I am calm!" He yelled. "She could've died...I could've lost her..fuck! I should've went with her. This would've never happened! I would've protected her!"

Dee: "I'm glad she's gonna be alright. She's like family. That's my little sister."

Tears start to roll down my cheeks.

All of a sudden, SungJae comes from around the corner and stops at the bottom of the staircase when he notices me. His eyes are slightly red as if he'd been crying not too long ago.

SungJae: "Baby..."

He walks up the stairs and slowly and gently carries me bridal style and brings me downstairs and lays me on the long sofa. He gently wipes the tears from my eyes and Dee brings me an ice pack for my face for the swelling. SungJae introduces me to his uncle. This is his place. He's a doctor. He said he didn't take me to a hospital because he assumed Richard did this to me and he didn't want him to possibly show up there. So him and Dee brought me here to their uncle's place. I immediately pull myself into SungJae's arms and hug him.

~ S U N G J A E ' S P O V ~

Shan slowly pulls herself into me and embraces me. I hug her back carefully, making sure not to hurt her. She's so fragile right now. Just seeing her like this kills me. I wipe the tear that just ran down my cheek. This woman is so precious to me. The moment we first made eye contact, I felt something. It was almost like she hypnotized me. We bonded and clicked immediately. I've never had this much chemistry with someone. She's special to me. I have to protect her. I have to make sure nothing or no one else harms her.

Me: "Shan...what happened baby? I need you to tell me everything, arraso?"

She slowly nodded her head, holding back tears. Dee grabs a chair and sits in front of us. He gently pats her knee. His face full of concern. She takes a deep breath and tells us what happened. She told us everything. From the moment she first walked through the door, all the way to when she got out of there. Her hands started shaking and at one point, and she had to stop and recollect herself because she was too shaken up. I slowly rub her back while holding her. Then she told us everything Richard said to her. How he basically vowed to end her life and mine if she leaves him. Dee's expression changed from worry, to anger. I can feel my blood boiling. I want to drive over there and whoop his ass! I slowly let go from Shan and get up and grab my keys from the kitchen island. I walk back into the living room where Dee and Shan are sitting. I kneel down in front of her and grab both of her hands, looking her in the eyes.

Me: "Babygirl...he may of vowed to end your life, but I'm vowing to you right now...that NO ONE will ever lay another hand on you again. You can ignore his little threat. That little threat is a joke."

I stand back up and Dee gives her a hug.

Dee: "Shan you're my lil sis. Which means you're my family now. If he threatens you and Jae, then he just threatened this whole family. Which wasn't very smart." He shakes his head. "No one threatens this family."

I walk up to the staircase and sit on the bottom step, in deep thought. I want to beat the living shit out of him. But...I'm sure that won't stop him from getting to Shan in the long run. He can threaten me all he wants. But I need it where he definitely has no way to see, touch, or threaten my girl again. I promised to not only myself, but also to my father that I will always protect the most important people in my life. I wasn't able to protect my mother. I will not lose another important woman in my life. There's only one way to make sure this doesn't happen again. To stop him from being able to even look at her, or open is coward ass mouth to even dare to threaten her or myself again. I thought i was able to kick my feet up and finally live a regular life, but I can bring the monster back out with zero hesitation. I was trained by the very best, and I worked with the very best. I want him dead. But I want him to suffer. Just like how his coward ass made Shan suffer on the floor while he was putting his punk ass hands on her. I could've lost her. He almost took her from me. I look over at Shan. The bandages on her, her swollen face, the pained face expressions she makes whenever she moves. I'm livid. Richard Brinks...You fucked up. Congratulations, you now have a price tag on your head.