fourteen

I ran through the corridors, eager to step outside and find the one my heart beat faster for. The one that turned my head upside down with his smiles and jokes. The staff stared at me, eyes shocked, wondering why I was running around in my wedding dress.

Finally stepping outdoors, I didn't stop. I ran to the stables as fast as I could. About half way from the door though, I stopped and removed my shoes, holding them with my hands. Walking the rest of the way, I entered the space silently and saw Jungkook caressing Snowflake's muzzle, talking to her. I approached them without a noise, trying to discern the words.

- She's getting married today, you know. - he whispered, loud enough for me to hear from where I was. - She's marrying that prince. She is a princess, of course she would marry a prince. She is not for the likes of me, what was I thinking? I could've had her friendship, but I was selfish and ruined it all. - he paused. When he spoke again, I could hear the tears in his voice. - She deserves better than me, I mean who am I, the stable guy? Yeah, sure. - my horse licked his hand, as if saying she was sorry. - I miss her, Snowflake.

- I miss you too. - I whispered, but he heard it.

- Soo?

- I was supposed to be married right now, you know. But I couldn't.

- Why? What happened?

- You happened, Jungkook. You befriended me and showed me what having a true friend feels like. You, with your sweet smiles and your annoying jokes, made me forget the rest of the world when we were together. You, with your warm kisses, made me want to throw everything to the wind and just do what I wanted. - as I talked, I stepped closer to him. He didn't move, just waited for me to reach him. - You were the only one in my mind today, not the prince I was supposed to marry. You, Jeon Jungkook, made me fall in love with you.

He stared at me, tears streaming down his eyes now. Reaching up, I wiped them away with my thumb.

- I couldn't stand there and let them call me Park Soojin. - I said, caressing his cheek and leaning closer to his mouth. - Not when in my heart I would always be Jeon Soojin.

He pressed his lips to mine forcefully, making me drop my shoes, as if trying to be sure this wasn't his imagination playing tricks on him. I complied, holding him close and returning the kiss. His warm lips coaxing mine open, a certain desperation in the act. The need to make sure it was real.

We parted, our foreheads touching, our breaths mingling. We were lost in ourselves, locked away in our own bubble. I kept my eyes closed, savoring the feel of him, something I missed for too long.

- I'm still the stable guy. I can't give you all the things you deserve. - he said, sadness clear in his voice. - I'm not the right guy for you.

- I don't need anything, just you. - I reassured him, cupping his face in my hands. - And you might not be the right one, but you are the one I want. Now and forever.

We kissed again, him in jeans, a t-shirt and boots, and me in a wedding dress, in the stables. It looked out of place and weird for someone passing by, but it was right for us. I knew it would be difficult, but we would make it work.

We would find a way.