ten

After about ten minutes of riding our horses in silence, Jungkook stopped. I was still shaken from my reaction to him earlier. I didn't even want to fathom what was that warmth spreading through my chest, reaching places I didn't even know existed. Whatever it was, I knew I should not feel those things for the stable guy.

After climbing down Snowflake, he tied both reins to a tree. He then led me through the green bushes, his hand on my shoulder, guiding me. I could feel the heat emanating from him, warming my own skin beneath the fabric of my dress. We were way out of the path by now.

- I hope you know how to come back, because I don't have the slightest idea of where we are. - I admitted.

- Don't worry Princess, you'll be back safe and sound. - he said, the familiar smile on his voice.

I hated when people called me Princess. It felt like it was just another way of them telling me how I needed to be perfect all the time, how I wasn't allowed to make mistakes like a normal person. But when Jungkook did it, it sounded more like a loving nickname. When the word came out of his lips, my reaction consisted of me blushing.

Abruptly, he stopped walking. I looked at him, waiting.

- Okay, close your eyes. - he said.

I immediately obeyed, trusting him with my life just like the black horse. He guided me carefully, making sure I wouldn't fall. A couple of minutes later, he stopped again.

- You can open them. - he whispered, way closer to my ear than I expected.

The sight before me took my breath away. There was a waterfall on the other side of the river, its sound filling the air. The green mixed with the blue of the water, creating a fairy tale scenario. I stared at it, mouth agape, thinking that such thing was supposed to be a dream.

- This is just ... I don't even have words. - I said, sincerely. - How did you find this?

- I was walking around one day. - he answered, looking to the water. - When I found it, all I could think about was "Soo needs to see this.", so I knew I had to bring you one day.

- It's beautiful.

- Yeah, it is. - he said, making me glance over to him, noticing he wasn't looking at the waterfall anymore, but rather at me. - Princess, how do you know you love someone?

- Uhn, I don't know. - I responded, fiddling with my fingers. - I guess you feel it.

- But how? - he insisted, taking a step closer to me. - How do you know what you feel is love?

- I guess ... y-you just ... - my head was confused. He was way too close for me to form a proper answer. - You would miss her all the time.

- Hmm, what else? - he asked, so close that I could feel his body's warmth against mine.

- Y-you'd want her to be only yours. - I was babbling, but my brain wasn't functioning at its best. I could feel his scent, and it was making me dizzy. - You'd want to kiss her.

- But can I? Kiss her, I mean. - he wondered, his hand touching my cheek gently. - How do I know she wants it too?

- She won't stop you. - I said, inching closer to him and closing my eyes.