six

Numbers and more numbers. They seemed to be mocking me, daring me to find the solution. I had been trying to decipher the error in another one of the many trials I went through every single day, to prove how good of a queen I could be, for at least two hours now. I could see the existence of said error, but couldn't pinpoint a cause. Not yet at least.

My neck hurt due to the long time I've been examining the papers in my hands, head bowed down. Deciding to take a break for five minutes, I stretched my neck at the same moment the door to the office was opened.

- Princess Soojin? - a maid asked, getting in.

- Yes?

- Prince Jimin is down stairs waiting for you.

He was what? Why?

I stared at the maid confused, trying to understand if she said what I just thought she said.

- Did he say why exactly?

- Well, he did not, princess. - she paused before continuing. - But he had a picnic basket in hand.

She smiled at the last bit, probably thinking that the prince's act was the most romantic gesture. I knew better though, he was just trying to be ahead of the others on the race for my hand in marriage.

- Please tell him I'm very delighted with his consideration but I'm extremely busy right now.

- Nonsense. - interrupted my father. - You can go honey.

- But dad, I haven't finished this yet. - I said, pointing at the stupid exercise I couldn't find a solution for.

- Go Soojin. When you get back, the exercise will still be here.

Taking a deep breath, I told the maid that I would be down in ten minutes. Stopping by my bedroom, I checked to see if I looked alright. My hair was a bit unruly today, so I decided to braid it down my left shoulder.

Telling myself that I had to go, I started to climb down the stairs, step by step. When I reached the bottom, Jimin got up from the sofa and came to stand in front of me.

- Princess Soojin, you look lovely today. - he said smirking, while kissing the top of my hand.

- Prince Jimin. - I responded, bowing my head slightly. - I confess I'm surprised with your visit.

- Well, I thought we should get to know each other.

- Indeed? And what did you have in mind?

- Well, word is that you love the outdoors Princess, so I thought we could have a picnic somewhere.

Well, he had done his research at least. I had to give him some points for it.

- Did you pick a place? - I asked, curious as to how far he planned this.

- I chose the food. - he said, pointing for the basket that rested on the sofa. - You can chose the where, my lady.

- Well, in that case, follow me.