eleven

He caressed my cheek and leaned in, brushing his lips against mine softly. His lips were warm and gentle against mine, patiently molding them to the way he wanted. I felt myself clutching his white t-shirt in between my fingers, refusing to let him go.

He angled my face, deepening the kiss. His tongue sliding between my lips, teasing me. He felt good pressed against me, holding my bottom lip in between his teeth, one of his hands holding my waist. I felt my heart racing, as if trying to jump out of my chest.

I never wanted to part from him.

But I did, needing to force some air inside my lungs. His breath fanned against my face, making it hard for me to focus. Making it hard to remember who I was. In his arms, I was just a girl, not the future queen.

As the thought crossed my mind, I remembered my father. How this situation would disappoint him if he ever got word from it. Pushing Jungkook away, I tried to breath. He looked at me concerned and I knew I had let this go too far. I had to marry a prince so I could be queen. That was my purpose. That was my duty.

Not looking at the boy standing in front of me, I turned, muttering a "We should head back", and started for the place where the horses were. That, until I remembered I didn't know where they were.

- This way, Princess.

I followed him without a word. What could I say anyway? Hey, I think I love you too, but I'll marry someone else? What good would that do? I couldn't choose my fate, it had been chosen for me by someone else, all I had to do was follow orders.

Our way back to the stables was dead silent. He didn't say anything either, probably thinking he offended me or something. I could almost hear his mind working, trying to find a way to undo what he now thought to be a mistake.

Upon reaching the wooden building, I dismounted my horse and gave him the reins.

- I'm sorry. - I said, looking into his eyes one last time.

- What are you apologizing for, Princess?

- I guess ... I'm sorry you fell in love with me. The one person who can't love you back.

We stared into each other's eyes for a moment. I knew I had to walk away from there and never talk to him again. How could I marry another man if I kept loving him? How could I do that when I saw him everyday and wished to be with him instead? I wasn't strong enough to do it, and I knew we would both just end up hurt.

Reaching up to him, I pressed a kiss to his lips, a goodbye kiss. A tear escaped his eyes and I couldn't take it anymore. Turning around, I walked out of the stables with the intention of never setting foot in there again.