three

I watched him feed the other horses in the stable and come back to where I was, a brush in his hand. He went to the first horse he fed and started to brush his fur neatly. He wore very simple clothes. Bluish jeans, a white t-shirt and black boots. His hair was ruffled from the times he ran his hand through it, trying to get rid of the sweat on his forehead.

- You don't talk much, do you? - he asked, keeping his attention on the horse he was working on.

- Sorry. It's just that I don't usually just talk to people.

He looked at me, trying to understand my words. I guess he gave up, as he finished with the brown horse and approached my white one.

- I'm Jungkook.

- I'm ... Soo. - I couldn't tell him who I was, at least not yet.

- Do you work here too? - he asked, while brushing the white fur.

- Uhn, yeah, you could say that.

- What do you do? - he inquired, looking at my clothes. Granted, I was in the stables wearing a blue dress that belonged inside the castle.

- I deal with ... the accountability. - not exactly a lie, technically.

- Hmm. Cool.

Cool? Man, you have no idea what you're talking about.

- And what are you doing in the stables exactly? - he wondered out loud. - Are they buying another horse?

- Not that I know of. I just ... uhn, needed some air, I guess.

He finished brushing Snowflake and she licked his hand. Not really thinking before speaking, I blurted the words that gave me away.

- I have never seen her do that to anyone before. What have you done to my horse? - I stated, smiling.

Jungkook turned to me with wide eyes, realizing what he had done. Not wasting another minute, he dropped on one knee, bowing his head to me.

- Pardon me, your majesty. - he whispered, head down.

And just like that, I was back to being Princess Soojin.

- Get up, please. - he did, but continued to look down. - Look at me, Jungkook.

When our eyes locked I felt something weird, something I had never felt before. His eyes, a deep chocolate brown, were still slightly terrified. Of me.

- Your majesty, I'm sorry for my ignorance. Please, don't have me fired. I need this job.

- I'm not going to have you fired. - I said, turning my attention to my horse. - She likes you, how could I tell you to leave her? And stop calling me "your majesty", that is my father. - I turned to look at him again. - I'm Soo, remember?

He seemed confused for a second, but promptly nodded in agreement. Our friendly conversation was over, I could just feel it. So giving Snowflake a last caress, I prepared to leave.

- I'll let you work. Bye Jungkook.

As I turned and left, there was no answer. Great, I had a real friend for like, five minutes. It was more than I had my entire life.