seven

Marching to the stables with Jimin beside me, I wondered what he intended with this so-called picnic. I have to say, he was not my first choice as a husband, but maybe I just didn't know him enough. Maybe I just had to try to get to know him. The thing was, I didn't really want to.

Reaching the wooden building, I started inside, but Jimin held me back by my wrist.

- Shouldn't we wait here?

- I have to ask for the horses to be saddled. If you want to wait out here, do as you must, my lord.

He thought for a moment, but in the end, he just walked inside slightly behind me. I noticed Jungkook refilling the horse's water on the left side of the big room, so I just marched to him.

- Jungkook.

- Oh, Soo ... - he turned, realized I was not alone and then corrected himself. Bowing slightly, he greeted me properly. - Princess Soojin.

- Hello. Could you saddle Snowflake and another horse for us, please?

- Of course. Are you going far?

- Hmm, a bit. We are having a picnic. - I said, rolling my eyes at the idea, so only Jungkook could see it.

- Got it. - he answered, hiding a smile.

He worked on my white horse first, saddling her and putting some food on a bag for her. When he was done, he brought her to me and extended the reins for me to take it.

- Have you ever rode a horse, my lord? - he asked Jimin, who was looking around with a weird look on his face.

- Uhn, what does that have to do with anything? - asked the prince, defensibly.

- Pardon me, my lord. I was just wondering if I should give you a fast horse or an obedient one.

I quietly laughed, trying not to be so obvious. Jungkook was making fun of Jimin, asking if he knew how to control a horse in the first place. But the prince seemed oblivious to the joke, and his answer only confirmed how he didn't know how to ride.

- The obedient one.

Jungkook nodded and went to saddle a brown horse, also stuffing some food for her in a bag. Extending the reins to Jimin, he waited for the prince to grab it. Going back to me, Jungkook offered me his hand, helping me get up on Snowflake. I smiled at him and we turned, watching Jimin eyeing the horse beside him warily.

- Do you need help, my lord? - Jungkook asked.

- Uhn, y-yeah.

- Here. - Jungkook held the reins and pointed at the straps. - Put your foot there and get some impulse to go up.

The prince struggled a bit, but after a couple of tries, he finally managed to straddle the horse. Jungkook offered him the reins, but he just looked at it. Oh, for Christ's sake!

- I think it's best if I lead him. - I said, smiling slightly.

Jungkook nodded and offered me the reins instead.

- Ride safely, princess. - he said, giving me a curt nod and going back to his chores.