It's a mess. And if you don't focus on one thing you'd just make your brain burst from trying to understand everything.

"Five minutes and the first person is up!" announces Aria and then she shuffles back to the staff room. They fix the lights and control the decoration there.

On this part, Sam and I are the seventh performer. Most of the contestants went solo but there are others who have teamed/grouped up, too.

Most of us will sing, some will dance. Others have crazy talents that by just looking at them right now makes me even more nervous.

"Where is Hope?" I asked Aunt Filarme. She and her friend, Jessa is the one grooming us. They're our managers, they say.

"Hope and Chance is at the audience with Bert, honey," she replied, combing my hair. I volunteered to do it myself but she insisted that it's her responsibility. She makes it sound more than welcome though.

Sam lifts his guitar, slightly waving it infront of him. I get what he is trying to say, and so I smiled at Aunt Filarme and said, "Can we practice for the last time?"

"Oh! Of course, of course!" she exclaims, giving my hair a last stroke. Then she turned to the other cluttered things near us, cleaning them.

I started to play the piano. It was an agreement. The intro will be played by the piano and the guitar will join it on the first verse.

It is a good thing I have something else to do rather than watch the mess that is surrounding me. I did expect the scene. But that doesn't necessarily mean I have an idea how badly it would affect my nervous self. Playing the piano is a distraction. Moreover, it calms me knowing that I am in my territory, somehow.

He. Me. Us. He. He. Me. Us. End.

I repeat the sequence in my head. For assurance. I wouldn't want a repeat of what happened awhile ago, there's a bigger probability that I wouldn't be lucky this time.

"Feryll Granis, enter the stage in ten seconds."

Feryll Granis, a petite, pretty girl that is the school council's secretary and second in overall junior honor rolls. I sat, watching her pull the garter on her fancy green dress. I know she's going to dance. Aria had repeatedly complimented her 'exemplary performance' all throughout our sessions.

I don't think Aria is being unfair though. Feryll is talented and smart. She has a good sense of humor and unique attitude. She's pretty too. I mean, isn't that the things needed to win a beauty contest?

It's clear, that if Aria if a judge it's no contest; Feryll will win and I will be most probably at the bottom.

She danced. An interpretative one. I don't know how describing it could do her justice, so let's just say that that might just be the perfect way to start the contest.

Thirty minutes, almost everyone else is done but us. Apparently, we're the last one to perform. That sucks, cause we have to make an impression as talent portion's finale.

Forcing my knees to buckle up, I stood and followed En to the stage door. Eli, another contestant, is helping me carry the piano. The second they finished, Aria gave us the ten second warning. As if ten seconds is enough. I didn't think a year would be enough, anyway.

5

4

3

2

And then Sam went to the center of the stage. I almost lost my balance from the sudden jerk when Eli moved the piano forward. Disoriented, I still tried to stay upright while walking to the center.