Chapter 10

Hi! So, another chapter. Please show your support? I'm kind of hurt, the story isn't getting enough feedbacks. But still, if your reading this, thanks and enjoy. :) 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The strict woman before me slaps the paper in my hands. It hurt a little but I dare not to complain. I dont wan't to be detained on my first day. She just looks exactly someone who would mercilessly do that without second thoughts if someone disagreed with her.

"Discover on your own," she says in a clipped voice. Not welcoming or inviting at all.

I am in the principal's office right now, asking for my schedule. Filarme informed me awhile ago to proceed in here as that is what is proper. I fail to see any merit in that if what students have to deal with is a hell of a principal.

I nod and try to smile meekly. She continued writing what she was writing while I came in and motions me out. I nod and get out of there. Honestly, I wouldn't really need any second warning. I wanted to get out fast.

The exact second I step out of the room, the bell rings. The crowd literally went into chaos. Everyone is hurrying to where there classes is. I look down on the paper I am holding. My first class is Chemistry. The paper didn't indicate what room. I frantically look around. There are still a lot of people around, but I don't know any of them.

Someone snatches the paper from me and then before I can get a good look at the person, it drags me out of there. I pry my hands out of the person's grip.

"What are you doing?" I wriggle, still struggling to get his hands off my arm. Whoever this is, is strong as I was doing an impressive job at wriggling.

"Stop moving, you dimwit," a playful voice replies.

"C-can- can you just stop this? Like, can you please?!" I try to stay as calm as I can.

"Of course I can," Luis abruptly stops. He was so fast, I cannot stop my momentum, so I smacked right into his chest.

"Shit, man. What's wrong with you?" I blurt, quickly getting my nose off his cologne-induced shirt.

Luis chuckles. "You're so cute," I glared at him.

"You're so not," I shot, massaging my flatted nose. 

"I have Chemistry for first subject, too" he says with too much nonchalance.

"Fine. Then tell me properly, do not just freaking come and grab me," I say.

"We're here," he announces. 

"Uh. Thanks," I say then salutes at him awkwardly. He chuckles and I proceed inside the room. Fortunately, the teacher isn't inside the room yet. I sweep the room for any vacant seats. I spot one, beside Sam. I start to go there but stop myself. But before I can decide, the teacher came in and I had no choice but to go sit beside him.

He gives me a glance but went back to his iphone right away. Talk about annoying. 

Luis enters the room and sits two seats from me. He winks at me and I supress a shudder. Talk about annoying to the second power.

"So, start of second semesters, a chance for new groupmates and another for the new student," the teacher said.

"Please stand and introduce yourself, Ms. Concepcion," she says directly at me. I ball my fist and slowly stand.

"Uh- w-well- Hi, I a-am S-sam L-l-lee Concepcion," I stutter because everyone is looking expectantly at me.

"Good. You can sit down now, I am Ms. Fence," she says and gives me a kind smile. I return the smile and gather up enough courage to look around. All of them is gaping at me. I guess they couldn't believe it. Wait, what could they possibly not believe? 

"You can sit down now, Ms.Conccepcion," Ms.Fence repeats. I feel heat rush through my face as my classmates laughed. I sit down and glance at Sam. He didn't even bother to look up. Geez.

"Now, for your groupmates," the teacher extends her arm and started counting the students. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten," then she started from one again "One, two, three four, five, six-" she points a finger at me and then proceed "seven-" she points at Sam, who nodded, "eight, nine, ten-" she continued until all the students is counted off.

"Okay, to meet your lab partners, all number ones, sit here-" she points at the first three seats on the corner "And so on until those whose numbers are ten," she instructs.

We shuffled and went to our designated seats. 

"Perfect!" a familiar voice cheers from behind me.

"You're six?" I ask Luis.

"No, I'm Luis. Nice to meet you," he extends his arm. I look incredulously at him while he winks and grins at me.

"Hello. I'm Lys," a girl took Luis' hand and shook it instead. I turn to look at her. Her brown hair is cut short and her eyes are a shade of pink. I look closer making sure, a person can't have pink eyes, right?

"You're eyes," I blurt before I can stop myself. She gives me an irritated look. What did I do?

Sam chuckles "It's called eye contacts. Where did you come from? Mars?" he tells me. I look sheepishly at him. "I'm sorry," I say, suddenly regreting I even asked.

"Okay, so, Luis. I just want to inform you about the..." Lys practically ignores me.

When after a few minutes and the two looks like they're caught up with their conversation, I take out a notebook and start to doodle. The room is filled with chatters and Ms.Fence is writing something on the whiteboard.

"Attention, please," the chatter died down. "On the board is your next task. Discuss this with your groupmates, you still have ten minutes to plan," Ms. Fence says and then she sits on her chair, letting the chattering grow loud again.

I read the board:

Using Lewis' Dot Structure, illustrate using recycled materials the reaction between 4 aluminums and 3 oxygen molecules. Write explanations. Do this on 1/2 illustration board. Due date: Monday next week.

Okay. So, schools assign activities like this? How great. Especially when your two groupmates are too busy to even read the instructions. Looks like this isn't gonna be a team effort. I stifle a groan.

First Period. So far, i'm having a very bad day. If being embarassed more than two times, attracting a weird boy, having two liabilities as groupmates and being ignored by the only person you really know here isn't proof enough.