Chapter 23

Taking one swift motion on my gun, I pelted out the bullets right through Luis. He stood second for a second, looking at me with those eyes and then fell, as blood had appeared from the corners of his lips.

"Bye," I softly say and act like I'm mourning.

Inside I am not, though.

Cause I freaking won. For the first time in our twenty six games, I won. Hallelujah. We've been playing this game for over an hour now and every single time Luis would stab my character with a knife or something and then the game is over. This time though, I took advantage. And actually won! I can't stop grinning, I think it'll be plastered in my face forever.

"Yo, dude. Fair game, fair game," Luis announced from the next cubicle. We're on the arcade and he introduced me to this game. I don't even know what's it called. I just know it's fun.

I giggle and then pushed the ''play again' button. Then it started again, this time I had high hopes, knowing I'd win it again. Playing a game for over twenty times can make you pro sometimes.

Thirty minutes later and we came out of the cubicles, smiling so wide it probably looked weird on the outside.

"That was fun, although I think I'm going to have a migraine," I state and then massage my temples for added effect. I'm not kidding though, that game is legit. For being so damn addicting and migraine-inducing entertainment.

"Then we should chillaaaax," Luis said prolonging the word, making him sound like a five year old.

Cocking my eye brow, I ask,  "How?" He smiled, that same goofy smile. Then he led me to a shop at the mall. But, it wasn't really a shop. It was...a spa.

"Seriously?" I ask him, incredulous. "This thing might cost millions. I don't have money for that," I announced, laughing lightly. He just grinned and led me inside. If this thing really does cost a lot, I'll shave Luis' head bald. Seriously.

He talked with the woman on the counter and I am led to a room. Luis was brought to a separate one. There were three masseurs waiting for me. They ordered me to sit, and I did, then they worked on my feet first.

One woman massaged my temple professionally. It felt good, along with the soft music and candles everywhere, the place screamed tranquility that added to my relaxation. Slowly, I can feel myself drifting away. 

After an hour and a half or so, I'm out of the spa. Feeling like I'm reborn. I'm not even kidding. I feel absolutely fine and relaxed more than ever. But I don't think I'll ever go back to that paradise. Luis had to pay A LOT for the two of us.

"Soo, having fun?" he asked shyly after he sipped in his chocolate smoothie. I smiled at him, one big sincere friendly smile, then replied,

"Of course yes. Thank you."

He grinned, one of his grin that's really contagious. I had no choice but to grin myself.

"So, how's studies?" I asked him, opening a topic.

"Dude, can you not go in there? I've caged my brain and will decide to put it in use tomorrow. So, no school topic. It'll overpower my kung fu remasterization." 

"Remasterization, is there even such a word?" I laughed. He looked at me, with this deadly serious face and then nodded. I laughed again and this time he joined me.

We talked. About totally random things, I realized Luis is one fun person to talk. He's got all this stories which are obviously bogus but still incredibly funny. He always shows his teeth in a grin or a wide smile, he's such a light person. I realized he's someone I really need right now. And I'm happy to keep his company.