Chapter 7

It's Sam the girl's POV this chapter.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"I can do this. Of course I can. I cannot can't do it. Crap Crap." I heave a very big sigh. Perhaps the biggest sigh I ever heaved in my life and collapse miserably on my bed. I bit back the urge to scream. 

I am in my room. Which still looks very very dull. With it's pastel yellow paint and approximately only four furniture in a fairly spaced room. My only furnitures are my bed, a cabinet for my clothes, a body-size mirror and a small wood night stand. Nothing more. I was planning on using the money I have saved to make the room more comfortable but until I decided. My room is gonna be pretty much remain dull.

A knock on my door followed by a "Sam, It;s monday. You'll be late if you don't wake up now."

I raise my head at the direction of the door.

"Yes, aunt. Coming!" I reply

I stand up again. Aunt Filarme didn't know but I have been awake since 3:00 fussing and readying myself. Because, In fact, this is the first time I will be in a real school. I mean, except of course when I was in preparatory. But that was so long ago I can't remember what it felt. Don't get it wrong, I was being home-schooled all my life. Either by a real tutor or a virtual one. I don't mean to brag but I do good with that. My tutor's feedbacks were always satisfactory or very satisfactory. Not to include that my IQ is 126.

BUT I don't think that info got me any less frustrated. Because, my hands are still sweating uncontrollably and my heartbeat is way over normal. I breath in breath out slowly, staring at myself in the mirror.

My long dark brown hair were pony-tailed high. I wear my uniform, last night after we finished cleaning the play room Aunt Filarme gave me my uniform. It is pretty nice, if you ask me. A black pleated dress bordering just below my knees and a white blouse with big square collars with a single black lines on its hem.

"Sam!" Aunt Filarme calls again. I force a smile and then head outside.

I sat down on a chair. Aunt Filarme serves me eggs and bacons. Uncle Berth looks up from his newspaper

"Good Morning" I greet them both.

"Good Morning, my dear. Eat up!" Aunt Filarme says. 

"It's your first time, eh?" Uncle Berth asks. I nod.

"With your experience in change, it will all go smoothly." he encourages me. I give him a numb smile. Sam-the-jerk-demon enters the room.

''Good Morning, sweetie." Aunt Filarme greets him. He just nods then says. 

"I'll pay for the window" to his father.

Uncle Berth gives a gruff sarcastic laugh then resumes his reading the newspaper.

"So, um, where is Hope and Chance?" 

"They're kinders," Sam replies. I give him a dumb look. And so, if they are kinders?

Aunt Filarme laughs softly "Their classes will start at nine"

"Oh" I am sure I am turning pink.

We finish eating and Aunt Filarme hands me a bag. I blink and then remember, right. I need a bag. I look inside and see a couple of notebooks, a pouch and a lunchbox.

"I know it would slip your mind to get school supplies."

"Thanks" I smile. Maybe the first real smile I ever smiled since yesterday.

"No problem, dear" she replies and walks to the cabinet grabs a key and a briefcase on top of it and then gives it to Uncle Berth. He smiles then kiss her on the cheek. I look away.

"Let's go" Uncle Berth announces and then we go to the car. I grab the handle on the front seat but Sam taps my hand away. I glare at him and he glares back. Finally, I give up and just proceed to the backseat.

Uncle starts to drive and after ten minutes, probably the longest ten minutes of my life, we arrived in front a ridiculously big gate with an enormous sign "Cordillera Central High School" across it.

Sam gets out of the car and walks off. I nervously open the car door and step out into the asphalt.

"Good Luck" Uncle Berth bends and then gives me a thumbs up sign. The car engine starts and away the car goes.

I face the big gate, bit my lower lip and slowly head inside the school grounds.