Chapter 14

Dedicated to you, Machrainiumx_x Cause you're awesome! Please continue reading this story :)

____________________________________________________________________________

I currently sit on the farthest chair, near the window on my Chemistry class. Ms. Fence is talking about electron configurations and how to do them. As for me, well, I scribble notes every once in awhile. When something from the discussion actually gets through my distracted mind. 

It's been four days since that payphone incident and now, I'm pretty used to school now. I kind of forced myself to get used to it and to going home alone and other things I have to get used to. It's hard, I tell you. I have to remember various things and adapt myself to it as soon as possible. And I am the kind of girl who have short-term memory problems. Just my rotten luck.

"Ms. Concepcion?" A voice interrupts my mental babble. I shake my head slightly and focus on the expectant expression of Ms.Fence, our Chemistry teacher.

"Uh, Yes?" I ask. Unsure if I am to stand or not. In the end, I settled on staying glued to my seat.

"What is the atomic number of Sulfur?"

Right. This is one of those things I have to get used to. Recitation. 

"Sixteen?" I ask. Again, like almost all my actions, I'm unsure. I mean, I did glance on a periodic table before but I can't be sure if I'm right.

"Say it with conviction," Ms.Fence says but I noticed she twitched a small smile. Indicating I am right.

"Sixteen," I say.

"Good" and then she resumes the discussion, calling on other students every once in awhile. The board held my attention for ten minutes before my focus slipped back to the view outside the window. Oh how I wish I can just get this over with.

><

Saturday

I sit at the edge of my bed, problematic about the materials that I will use for our Chemistry group project. I don't have a glue nor recycled materials that I can use. And I don't know how to do this Lewis Dot Structure. I have an idea, I do but I can never be sure. 

An idea popped in my brain and I abruptly stand, knocking off the pillow I hug awhile ago. I pick it up and then got out of my room.

I have to act fast before I can talk myself out of this idea. I think its my only chance.

I knock gently on the white doora and wait for a response. When I recieved nothing after a few moments, I try again. This time, Sam opens the door and looks grumpily at me.

Oops. He is in a bad mood, I think I'll just ask later.

"Can you help me?" However, my stupid mouth doesn't think so. I try to take it back but its too late. He frowns at me.

"Huh?"

"About the Chemistry project" I answer. It's now or never.

"No." then he closes the door. Midway, I stop it. He looks at me irritated.

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?" I try again.

"NO" He stresses the word and then slams the door. Wow, he is worse than a menopausal woman. Jeez. 

"PLEASE?" I stress too as I hinder the door from closing again.

He glares at me "What's it for me?" he finally decided to answer.

See now? How much of a jerk he can be. Instead of being a kind person he asks for a payment! Whattajerk. But of course I didn't say that out loud. I'm trying to please him here.

"What do you want?" I ask.

He leans on the door frame and then began to think. He even put one hand under his chin. I bit back the urge to laugh at how silly he looks.

"You be my servant for umm, a month"

I blink. The smile that was starting to form on my lips turned to a straight thin line.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Take it or Leave it" he smirks at me. I stare unbelieving at him. He is not joking? After a minute, he chuckles and then start to close the door. I scoff and then walk back to my room. 

"Ahhhh!" I open the door to my room and see the miserable state of my material-and-idea-less project. I storm my way back in front Sam's door.

"Two weeks!" I tell him the milisecond he opened the door. He was taken aback but regains his composure quickly.

"No can do. 1 month."

"Two weeks and a half." I bargain

He thinks for a moment then say "Three and a half. Last offer"

I figured that was the best I can get so I took it. "Fine! Geez."

"Nice," he sneers then gave me a mischievous grin. 

><

Monday

I weave myself out of the crowd and try to go to the lockers, where Alisa is waving frantically. People keep pushing me back and I'm too nice to shove them off.

Weekends passed me so fast I didn't have the chance to do anything more productive than finish my Chemistry project. Which took 4 hours to make.

"That was some squeezing in you're doing" Alisa greets me when I reach my locker. 

Alisa and I became good friends over the weekend. I'm always on the phone talking to her. About, well, about nothing in particular. I realized she is nothing like me but that didn't stop me from liking her. 

She likes pop, I like rock. She talks a lot, I am mostly quiet. She likes dark colors, I'm more of a light color-loving girl. She hates pink, I like pink. She loves drama and romantic movies, I don't.

And many more, at least now you have an idea of how different we are from each other.

"Thank you," I smile and then put my locker combination. I drop my books in there when I took notice of a post-it note on the door of my locker. Before I can get and read it, Alisa from behind me snatches it while giggling.

"Wow! Secret Admirer! Old School. But still, awesome!" she says then read the note. After a couple of moments, her forehead creases in a frown.

"What did it say?" I ask lamely.

"It's not from an admirer. It's just a reminder of umm" she looks at the note then read aloud. "Your job?" She asks me. Apparently, she doesn't have an idea. I didn't tell her and I don't think I will. Hello? I'm a servant for three weeks and a half.

And that is something you shouldn't brag about.

______________________________________________________________________________

 Ahh! I changed the things that happened in this chapter for like five times before I finally got what I wanted. I swear, next time, I'll plan ahead on what will happen with the next chapter. Jeez.  

And yes, I am aware of the numerous mistakes on this chapter and the others. However, I'm a very lazy cat. You know what I mean.  =3

I'm not even supposed to update but because I'm a lazy cat AND the queen of procrastination, I'm not reviewing for the test. xD