Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Kylah Pacamarra

I'll explain everything. I swear, you need my explanation. Please don't think of me as disgusting just yet. I'll tell you the truth. Give me a chance. Basketball gym, 4:30. Please come. 

Luis,

After I have read the note for three times, I stare at it, uncomprehending. Luis' scrawl is awful, that is another reason but what bother me most is how the note sounds so urgent. Like it is actually begging me to come and hear its maker out.   

"You should go," Alisa is persuading me while we walk to our second to the last period. I have Calculus while Alisa have Physics.

"Er, okay." I reply reluctantly. It's not like I don't want to hear Luis' explanation but Sam said we have to fetch Hope and Chance at their school today. Aunt Filarme and Uncle Berth can't do it today so they told us we should fetch them. Plus Sam kind-of warned me about Luis' bullshit. He told me that Luis is a player and if I want to keep my heart in one piece, I'd stay away from him.

"Why are you doubting?" Alisa pokes my waist, and I cringe away from her. I'm really easy to tickle, a fact about me that I shouldn't have told Alisa. She keeps on surprising me with her poking my neck or waist!

"You little!" I start, fighting off my laugh. "Stop it." I say. She does stop but looks at me, expecting me to tell the reason why.

"Because Luis doesn't seem like the person who would tell the truth," I tell her after awhile of silence. Alisa clucks her tongue and say,

"I know Luis. He is my ex. He isn't really that bad, give him a chance." I stop walking. And slowly turn to face her, not believing what she just said. She looks at me, amused. Probably cause she thinks I already knew that. I certainly didn't know or expect it.

"What? I'm pretty too you know," she jokes then flip her blonde locks to emphasize her point. She then, gave me a grin.

I roll my eyes, "Of course you are, I can see that. What I'm shocked about is that, you have been Luis' girlfriend? How come you never mentioned that before?" I demand. We start walking again, but this time at a much slower pace so she can tell me the whole story about them.

"It was just for four months." her grin melted into a grimace. I realized know she is currently reminiscing the painful break-up scene. I instantly feel dumb, guilty, horrible. All at once. The onslaught of emotion made me hug her. Which turned out to be an awkward position, especially since my chin bumped her shoulders.

She chuckles and gently push me away. "You dork. That memory isn't something to cry about. Why do you look like you were the one dumped?" Alisa is laughing at my reaction now. I pout at her and gesture for her to just continue with the story.

"I had fun while it lasted, really. But I know it wouldn't last long. So I expected it to come anyway, I was prepared." she looks at me, "That is beside the point. The point here is I know him and even if he is always that little maniac, he doesn't lie."

"Right." I nod and then sigh. "But I have to go with Sam to fetch Hope and Chance."

"Oh. Then you have to tell Luis you won't go," Alisa said thoughfully. I bit my lip, I figured that but the real problem was how.

Sam-the-guy's POV 

"Oi!" I call Sam-the-weird-girl. I've been waiting for her for five minutes now, and at last, she finally decided to show up.

"You are late," I tell her. She looks at me frowning then checks her wristwatch.

"For five minutes." she rolls her eyes then proceed to walk past me. I groan inwardly and struggle to keep my surprised self unsurfaced. She doesn't fail to surprise me. But that doesn't mean I should let her know that she did.