Chapter 8

As soon as I entered the school's main building, noise blared around me and people lurked practically everywhere I looked. This place is so packed, it made me tremble slightly. I don't remember ever being in a place so crowded. The foster home or any home I have been is certainly not this.. wild. Only thing I can think of while I walk the with the sea of people is "School is this unruly?" 

Someone taps my back. Hard. I turn around just to see the person run the other direction, laughing maniacally. I frown, and think "and this disrespectful?" I walk a few feet more but then I notice something strange.

As I walk, everyone seems to look at me and then after giving me a look they snicker. Some tried to hide their fits of laughs but it was not succesful. I feel cold sweat trickle on my forehead. Why are they laughing at me? What's wrong? I touch my face, making sure it's clean.

Before I can think of what they are laughing about. Someone pokes my back. I turn around fast and see Sam looking angry.

"I told you to stay out of the way, didn't I? What are you doing, making a laughing stock out of yourself?" he whispers fiercely. By that time, I am so aware of the pairs of eyes trained on us.

"W-what?" I stutter, because even though I was aware of the surroundings, his tone still caught me off guard. Yes, he did tell me to stay out of the way last night while we were cleaning. But so far, I didn't get on anyone's way and certainly not make a laughing stock of myself. 

He looks at me incredulously as if I'm the most insensitive person to ever walk the planet. He looks straight at my eyes, when he saw that I honestly have no idea, he raised his arm then yanks something from my back. He puts the paper inches from my face. It read.

"Everything about me screams virgin" only virgin was in capital letters. 

"Who? How did they know that?!" I ask dumbly. Everyone jeered and laughed at us. It's true I'm a virgin. I don't see why that is so wrong. I'm fifteen, for Christ's sake.

Sam's ears turned bright pink it almost looked like the color magenta. I blink. Why? Are virgins aren't allowed in school? Is there such law?

"What?" I question. I look around me and see they are still laughing at us. I got irritated I say fiercely "What is so laughable about being a vi-" I start but Sam covers my mouth before I finish my sentence. I did not expect him do that so my shocked limbs followed him willingly. We reached the school grounds before he released my mouth. He winced then wipes his palms in his shirt. The gesture sent blood rushing to my face.

"Do not talk about that kind of things so freely!" he sermons. 

"I was not. The jerk who taped that on my back brought me to comment on the topic. I do not talk about that kinds of things so freely. My response was provoked by that paper" I dab my finger on the paper he still holds then continues "Besides, what that said is true anyway. Though it's rude they did that. Why is it so bad to mention that I'm a virgin? I'm only fifteen!" I snap.

Sam draws a lungful of air. His ears are still pink "In school, you don't do that" he says simply then turns to walk away. He stops, turns back  then nears me again. He slaps the paper in my hand "Don't be stupid. Or else you'll be eaten alive" he warned and then walks away. This time he continued to walk towards the building until the noisy crowd drowned his sight from me.