Final: Ending (V)

You stepped out of the taxi and onto the city street, sounds of nightlife all around. Your heels made a satisfying click on the pavement as you walked towards the entrance of the building, smoothing down your dress and straightening your hair.

Your dress was a figure hugging floor length affair that began deep purple, then faded to a midnight black at the bottom. A slit ran up your left leg, framed by embellishments that cascaded down and around the bottom of the dress; subtle, but dazzling when they caught the light. Your favourite black heels, gold necklace, earrings and bracelets, plus your black clutch bag with gold accents, finished off the outfit.

You weren't always the most girly, but you knew how to dress up, and your makeup was tasteful yet striking. All in all, you felt pretty damn good.

Once past the security guards who checked your name off a list, you entered the lounge-slash-nightclub that had been hired out for the company party. It was sleek, modern, clean, and expensive. You stopped by the bar to get your favourite cocktail, before circulating a little to politely greet coworkers and superiors, before finding your friend Se-Eun and chatting animatedly.

As you reassured her that her edgy coral-orange dress wasn't "too much of a statement, even for a stylist", you finally saw the BTS members. They were spread out a little, talking happily to the other guests in pairs, mostly, other than Jin who had gathered a small group of doting women, you noted amusedly. You lingered a moment too long on V, who seemed to sense your gaze and looked up to meet your eyes. A grin flashed across his face.

"Hey, I'm going to the bathroom, can I leave you to mingle? I want to see if I can find Jae-Won too," Se-Eun raised an eyebrow knowingly.

She had been fawning over the guy (one of the technicians at BigHit) for longer than you'd known her, and it was about time she did something about it, you thought.

"Wow finally? Yes! Tonight is definitely the night for it! Go get him - and tell me how it goes!" You laughed, waving her away enthusiastically.

As she ran off happily you thought to yourself that perhaps you ought to take your own advice. You hadn't stopped thinking about Taehyung, and it didn't help that he looked so handsome tonight, dressed in a suit like the other members, though with an oddly charming bow tie.

Just as you were smiling at the thought, a pair of large, smooth, hands appeared from behind you, covering your eyes.

"Guess who~" A voice said in your ear, the unmistakeable low rumble sending a pleasant shiver through your body.

"Tae!" You called out, laughing as he removed his hands, his boxy smile greeting you as you turned to him.

"I'm glad to see you here! Are you having fun?" He asked, hands in the pockets of his suit trousers.

"Yeah, it's been good! Though I am just talking to the same people I work with all the time," you laughed.

"Hm.. Hey, do you want to come with me?" He took a step closer to you, tilting his head expectantly.

Just this small gesture made you blush slightly. "Uh- sure! Where to?" You nodded.

"Just trust me," he grinned, and he lead you to the back of the club, near the bathrooms and around a corner.

When you came to a black staircase that was blocked off by a single piece of red rope, he simply unhooked one side, one hand out to gesture for you to step through.

"Um, should we really be going here? I mean, it's sectioned off.." Your sensible side spoke, though you didn't hesitate to step up past the barrier.