Chapter 12: Reconciliation

The place was a kind of slightly retro bar or lounge. To your right was a bar and a couple of pool tables, some arcade games stood in the corner, and a small raised stage occupied the back wall, a smattering of chairs and couches facing it. It was a cozy atmosphere, with warm lighting and deep colours. The boys were sat in one of the booths that lined the edges, and they were all looking at you, smiles on their faces.

You looked at Jungkook, and he gave a mischievous smile, raising an eyebrow and leading you over to his fellow members.

"Sorry for tricking you, Y/N! We got Kookie to text you sounding serious to get you to come here," Jimin said.

"It was so we could surprise you - especially after you gave us that letter," Jin explained, smiling kindly at you.

"Wait, seriously?" You asked, wide eyed.

"Sit with us! We wanted to have a good time together so you wouldn't be so hard on yourself," Hoseok grinned.

Jungkook took a seat, leaving the only space for you in the middle of him and V. You coughed nervously at this, but sat down anyway.

"So, I mean- you're saying.. Everything's okay?" You asked, looking between the two incredulously.

"We made them work things out," Namjoon answered from across the table.

"You make it sound like it was easy.." Yoongi commented dryly, earning some laughs.

"We know each other too well to stay mad," V said happily, as he and Jungkook shared a fist bump.

It was wonderful to see them all acting normal, especially V. His playful spirit seemed to almost be entirely back.

"I- I'm really glad. You had me so worried, I'm really sorry-" you began, but Yoongi interrupted you.

"Ah! No, no - no more apologising! You did nothing wrong, it's all over now so you can just relax, okay?" He said in a laid back manner, but giving you a reassuring smile.

"Exactly! We'll get you a drink, and we can start a new game of cards, yeah?" Namjoon suggested, and the others cheered their agreement.

Soon you were talking and laughing with the boys, completely relaxed. Perhaps it was the buzz from having a drink or two, or just the relief of having the past tension released, but you were happier than ever.

Over an increasingly competitive game of cards you learnt that the place was a frequent location for BTS, and it suited them well as it was a little known place. The regular crowd consisted mainly of people in the music industry; mostly producers, instrumentalists and occasionally performers such as BTS, as well as names from other entertainment sectors. Due to the select population, it wasn't busy except for particular nights for events or an open mic.

"There are other fancier places where celebrities and such like to go, but this one's ours," Namjoon smiled.

"And you guys just let me in here?" You laughed. "I'm blessed! It explains all the photos of musicians around here too."

"Have you seen ours?" Hoseok asked, leaning forward eagerly.

"You only want to show that off because you look good in it," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Well of course! *And* because of Mr Creepy-face over there," Hoseok grinned, looking decidedly at Jin.

The eldest member sighed, shrugging off his comment. "Oh whatever, it's like the one bad photo of me in the world, I'll live."

You laughed at their antics, still slightly amazed at the whole situation. You weren't exactly used to hanging out with a group of idols.

~~

"Ah, I need to turn left here," you said as you and the BTS members came to a crossroads.

By the time you all left it was approaching eleven at night, and as you all had work the next day, you decided to head home.

"Okay, our dorm is the other way so we'll have to part here." Jin replied, patting you on the arm lightly.

"We'll see you at work soon, Y/N!" Jungkook smiled.

"Of course! Thank you guys so much for tonight. It was amazing on so many levels," you said, bowing slightly on instinct.

"Awh you're so cuute~!" Hoseok exclaimed, giving you a friendly bear hug.

"Wow, someone definitely had enough to drink," Namjoon joked.

After you said your goodbyes to the other members - none quite as enthusiastic as Hoseok had been - you turned and begun the rest of your walk back to your apartment.

As you walked, a warm feeling lingered in your chest and your lips couldn't help but smile after such a good evening. You felt closer to the members than ever before, and didn't have to worry about appearances so much anymore. Everything just felt.. Right.

Not one minute after you had parted ways with the boys, you became suddenly aware of quick footsteps behind you, before you felt an arm slung around your shoulders. Jumping slightly, you saw that V had appeared, standing close beside you, his other hand in his pocket.

"Hello!" He said with a mischievous grin, tilting his head at you.

"Tae! W- what are you doing?" You asked.

"Walking you home, of course," he replied simply.

You looked up at him, letting out a small laugh, but the smile on your face barely showed half of the happiness you were feeling inside.

"Well.. Thank you, I appreciate it," you said.

▫️▫️▫️▫️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️◻️▫️▫️▫️▫️

A more happy and relaxed chapter this time! Now that things are going more smoothly... What's going to happen with Jungkook and V? 😉