Wi-Fi (10)

Song of the chapter: By Your Side by Jonas Blue

...

Amenze's boyfriend!

"Amenze has a boyfriend?" He asked stupidly, then remembered the sound of slapping he heard. "Dont you fucking hit her." He growled, although knowing that the man had an advantage of being with her, while he was all the way in another state.

And in a wheelchair.

"Well I should be hitting you, omo ale. Now who are you?"

"I'm Michael." The lie flew out suddenly. "Amenze's family friend. My mum said I should call and know how she's doing."

"Eh ehn." The man said skeptically. "Okay oh. Go ahead. Babe, I'm in the sitting room. Immediately you're done with this call, start coming. You hear?"

Tade heard Amenze whimper.

Babe? He just slapped her and all of a sudden he was using an endearment?

"As for you, Michael, five minutes."

The phone was handed over to Amenze and shortly after, he heard the door close.

"What just happened? Are you okay?" Tade asked.

"I'm fine." Amenze snapped and Tade flinched at her cold tone.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend." Tade said quietly.

"Well you didn't ask." She replied, her tone still cold.

"I met you on a dating site. You're not supposed to have a boyfriend." He said with exasperation.

"Well what's it to you anyway? We're just friends. You don't own me." She snapped.

"He hit you." Tade stated.

"That's none of your business." She retorted and anger welled up in him.

"Well why don't you hang up now? After all, your boyfriend is waiting for you." He said with bitterness.

"This was a waste of my time. Stay away from me." She replied and before he could speak, she hung up.

...

Amenze buried her face in her palms, shaking silently as she sobbed.

She had got rid of the one person that made her happy.

"Amenze." She heard her boyfriend call from the sitting room.

"Coming babe." She replied, wiping her tears and preparing for another fake apology and a bunch of lies.

...

You don't even know me.

That was true. He didn't know her. So why did he care so much?

You like her idiot. His conscience said and he shook away the thought.

Like her? He hardly knew her.

This was a waste of time. She had said. Stay away from me.

Stay away from me.

Stay away from me.

You don't own me.

He sighed, berating himself for caring so much when she was probably having sex with her boyfriend at the moment.

Logging out of the site, he buried himself into his next project.

...

"Why are you so grumpy? You got the job." Mfon asked.