Wi-Fi (4)

Song of the chapter: Young by Chainsmokers.

...

Amenze chuckled as she read through Tade's reply. She had asked him a question on how he picked up girls when he was in secondary school and she hadn't stopped laughing ever since.

Tade: I once wrote a love letter to a girl and put a 1k note in it. That was my lunch money for the past two weeks. She accepted immediately

Amenze: Lol, so you had the impression that girls were only interested in money?

Tade: Well aren't they all? She dumped me after two weeks when I couldn't supply her with money on a daily basis.

Amenze: Lmao, you shouldn't have bothered to get her then.

Tade: I thought I was in love.

Amenze: There's no love in high school.

Tade: Lol, you never know, I've heard stories of people dating since high school and getting married now.

Amenze: Well they were mature. Yunno how high school is naw! More kissing, less talking.

Tade: Lmao, yeah that's true. Well we were young and stupid, what do you think?

Amenze: Me I was not stupid oh! You can be stupid alone 😜

Tade: Lol, good one.

Amenze: So you don't think any girl can fall in love without money?

Tade: Would you date a homeless guy? Or a broke guy?

Amenze: No...

Tade: You've got your answer.

Tade: Money rules this world, and that's why we're all looking for it.

Amenze: What about love?

Tade: Love comes second. Most people look for money, although everyone needs love. But there's no point being in love if you can't take care of the people you love.

She heard the front door open and her head snapped backwards.

"I'm home!" She heard his deep voice bellow. His words were sloppy and she heard him hit his back on the wall and groan in pain.

Drunk, again.

"In here." She called back, hurriedly logging out and moving to the Microsoft Excel page.

"Whats up?" He walked into the room, giving her a sloppy kiss. She could taste the alcohol and he reeked of sweat and cigarettes. She fought the urge to push him away.

...everyone needs love.

"Nothing. Just work."

...

"Alright, so after working for three days straight-"

"And chatting with Amenze all night long."

"- I finally finished the stupid project. And I'm sending it in three, two, one!" Tade grinned, sending the e-mail.

"Why are you so excited about this one sef? You didn't even tell me when you were sending the others." Mfon pointed out over the phone.

"Because I actually worked hard on this one. I waited for the divine inspiration and when it came, I struck!" He replied.

"Or talking to Amenze gave you hope and you started believing in yourself." She countered.

"Same thing." He grumbled.