Wi-Fi (6)

Song of the chapter: Sugar by Maroon 5

...

Amenze: Are you okay? You seemed off last night.

Off? How did she notice his mood? They were chatting, and he said 'lol' to a lot of funny things she said the night before.

After leaving the dinner party, Mfon dropped him home, and although he was grateful to his friend for her unrelenting devotion to bringing him back to life, he was even happier when he got home and saw that Amenze was online.

Amenze: I mean, of course it's weird for me to say that i noticed that you were off when I haven't even seen your face but...

Tade: So how did you know?

Amenze: Well for one thing, you weren't flirting shamelessly with me... Lol

Tade: I don't flirt shamelessly! I'm an expert at flirting if you don't know.

Amenze: Lmao! I'm sure you are.

He could imagine her laughing at his joke. Her laughter; the laughter of angels.

Tade: What else? Apart from my amazing flirting skills of course.

Amenze: You used lol too much. Almost like you were trying to make sure I didn't notice. And you didn't use any of your silly smileys.

She was smart, he thought as the corners of his mouth lifted up. And she paid attention to him.

His heart fluttered and then he cautioned himself. He hadn't even met her before.

Tade: Well you're smart, I'll give you that.

Amenze: Are you sure? You called me dumb yesterday.

Tade: You said you preferred amala and ewedu to pounded yam and efo! Who says that?

Amenze: Lol, well we all know I won that argument so let's move on

Tade: *whispering to myself* You cheated.

Amenze: That's not actually whispering if I know what you said.

Tade: Whatever smartie pants.

Amenze: So what was wrong?

Tade: Nothing. Just had a bad night.

Tade: But talking with you made it better 😉

Amenze: 😂 and again with the shameless flirting.

Tade: Hey!

An idea jumped into his head and he grinned, typing quickly.

Tade: Why don't you send a picture of yourself? A recent one. It would be nice to know what you actually look like.

And to make sure you're not an old creep, or a guy.

Amenze: Only if you send yours too.

He searched his memory. He should have a bunch of pictures in his hard drive. He would just get the best one and send it to her.

Sure it wasn't recent, but he hadn't really aged, and he still looked pretty much the same.

Tade: Deal! Send your real picture oh! Don't send me some models picture and pass it off as yours oh

Amenze: Puh-lease! Those models have got nothing on me. Brb.

Laughing, he wheeled to the other side of the room to check his drawers. His hard drive had to be somewhere. He found it in the third drawer, and he plugged it to his laptop, scrolling through the pictures quickly, trying to ignore the memories that lay in that hard drive.