Wi-Fi (3)

Song of the chapter: Strong Ting by Banky W.

...

Tade didn't reply her message immediately.

He weighed his options: either he rep lie immediately and came off as a guy who was on the website all the time and had no life or replied later in the day and came off as a busy person.

He preferred the latter.

Amenze: I can see you're online... if you don't want to help you can just say so, no need to ignore me.

Shit! He had forgotten that other people could see when he was online. And now she thought he didn't want to talk to her.

Why was he so bothered about her anyway? There were so many women messaging him.

His gaze flickered to the two recent messages he just got. One was asking him for his home address and the other wanted to play truth or dare.

He clicked on her message.

Tade: Sorry, just had too many messages to reply. So what's your project about?

He smirked, pleased with his reply. And he didn't lie too, he did have too many messages to reply, except he was blocking the people sending the messages.

Amenze: I need you to design a software for accounting. I have an important project and I need something easy to work with...

Tade: Okay, just send the details to my email (tadesbello@yahoo.com) and I'll look at it tomorrow.

He looked his message over. Was it professional enough? He didn't want to seem like he was too eager to help her and show off his diminishing software designing skills; but at the same time he didn't want to seem nonchalant.

Amenze: Alright thank you!

Wait, was that it? He thought. How was he supposed to make her stay?

Amenze: We didn't discuss the cost though...

He breathed a sigh of relief.

Tade: I'll let you know after I read the details.

Amenze: Alright. Thanks again.

Tade: Yeah, so how about formal introductions?

He sent it before he had the chance to hesitate.

Amenze: Lol, well you go first then.

A wide grin spread across his face. She said 'lol' didn't she? That meant she laughed, or at least smiled at what he said.

It could be a creep on the other side of this conversation, or maybe even a guy.

He shook his head free from his thoughts and typed a reply.

Tade: I'm Tade, Tade Bello.

He looked at it. No, too James Bond. He deleted it and typed again.

Tade: I'm Tade Bello.

Too formal? His story showed him as someone that was witty. And she seemed to like funny guys from what he read on her story.

Tade: Lol well you can call me Tade, or TD for short.

He slapped his forehead and groaned. How hard was it to introduce himself.

Amenze: You've been typing for a while now. Is your name that long?

He jumped at the sound of the message and pressed the enter key.