Wi-Fi (5)

Song of the chapter: Hotel Ceiling by Rixton.

...

If there was one thing Tade hated, it was being woken up from sleep, especially when he was dreaming of Amenze.

He didn't know what she looked like, but he was so sure that was her. She was beautiful, with long ebony hair and had the laughter of an angel.

Then the knocking started.

Then it changed to banging.

Groaning loudly, he sat up and transferred himself to his wheelchair, without any accident this time.

He wheeled himself out of his room and towards the sitting room. Opening the door angrily, he glared at Mfon.

"Its seven in the morning. What the hell do you want?" He growled.

She grinned, unaffected by his anger.

"We have a dinner party today!" She squealed, letting herself in, carrying a tuxedo neatly hung on a hanger.

"And don't you have your key? You can't just be-" he stopped. "A what?"

"Dinner party. I told you before naw. Mumu, you have already forgotten." She scolded him.

"If I remember correctly, I told you I'll think about it." He pointed out, shutting the door and following her to the living room.

"Well you didn't think fast enough. It's today, and I have your tux." She replied.

"Well why did you naw come at seven in the morning when the event won't start for another... like eleven hours." He whined.

"To prepare your mind. And because you use two hours to bath. And you need to eat." She rolled her eyes. "I'm so excited."

"Mfon, don't you have like a, I don't know, a job?" He complained.

"I do. I have a lot of responsibilities. And one of them is you." She poked his chest. "So go and have your bath."

"Someone cannot even live their own life again." He muttered as he wheeled towards his room. "This one would just come and be scattering every thing for somebody."

"I heard you."

"Good for you!"

...

Ten hours of arguing, cursing, and struggling, Tade grumpily followed Mfon into the chartered car she got for the evening.

"Why am I even following you sef?" He asked as they helped him out of the wheelchair and into the car.

"Because you're bored in your house." She shrugged. The driver folded the wheelchair and took it to the boot.

"Who said? I could be chatting with Amenze right now." He pointed out.

"Better don't turn that fantasy into an addiction. You need to get out more, into the real world." She said and got into the car with him.

"But people would be looking at me like, 'Omg he's on a wheelchair, so sad'. I don't want those looks of pity." He complained.

"Then don't look pitiful. Act like a billionaire-"

"My bank account reads -56 naira."

"- mingle with everyone. Make friends. Start conversations. Have fun. And stay away from too much alcohol. I'm not dragging your drunk ass back to your house. I'll just leave you there."

"Amebo. Don't go and live your own life." He whined.

"I can't live life if I know you're not doing the same. And I know if it was me in your position, you'll do the same for me." She said, looking forward.