Chapter 25 Best Day of My Life

Chapter 25

(Peyton's P.O.V)

Alani and I packed our bags in silence. She was throwing things in her bag, not seeming to care about the mess and wrinkled clothes she would be later unpacking--not that I can tell her that now, she's mad at me. Either way, I was neatly folding my items, thinking of what I should say to everyone. But really, what can I say?

"Hey, Alani, I want to apologize for trying to ruin what could be your only chance at true love. And Spencer, I'm sorry too--for being a jealous sister. I simply wanted your full and complete attention, so I tried to get rid of Alani--one of my best friends! Please forgive me!"

What was I thinking? Why should I be the only one who gets all the attention? I am a terrible person. I can't apologize, no one would even pay attention...There I go again. Wanting all the attention. Now I'm rambling...What should I do? Well, I guess there really is nothing I can do. To say "I'm sorry"; it does nothing anyway, just saying those two simple words that mean one thing to you, but another to the other person. Only actions can change what you've done, and very rarely that. Everything I do it causes stress and anxiety anyway, why do more actions to cover it up.

I once read a quote in a book once: "Actions speak louder than words. We can apologize over and over, but if our actions don't change, the words become meaningless." That's a lie. What I did was wrong. There's nothing; absolutely nothing I can do about it. I looked back at Alani and heard the final zip of her travel bag. She was gone.

About five minutes later I had finished packing my bag, and I exited the tent. Everyone was gathered in a circle. Ishani was hugging Karan, Spencer and Alani were holding hands with their heads bowed down, and Cameron and I just stood there in a peaceful silence. We didn't want to interrupt anyone else's goodbye serenity of the campsite. Some good memories and some bad.

Ishani and Karan started to talk quietly, you could just tell they loved one another. Alani and Spencer stood next to each other far away from me. I couldn't blame them, it wasn't their fault. They were still holding hands and bowing their heads together. Cameron lightly sighed while I microscopically bowed my head.

Suddenly I heard the engine of a car; our car. I can't go with them. Alani and Ishani, who I think is staying at Alani's house, are planning to cheer Hayley up by taking her to the L.A. County Fair. Even if I wanted to, they probably wouldn't let me. Honestly, I couldn't blame them for that either. I know for sure Hayley would enjoy a free trip to the L.A. County fair; free tickets, free food throughout a whole day. I definitely don't want to ruin Hayley's trip by bringing her down with my depressing and rude aura.

"I hope you guys have fun on the trip, really. I know Hayley will love and appreciate it." I said in a voice smaller than I intended it to be.

"Yeah, at least we know she appreciates us." Ishani responded.

"Can we please go?" Cameron asked, Spencer and Karan pleading along with him.

"Yeah, if you can pay for yourselves then go right ahead." Alani responded.

"But-"

"Just stop! I want to ride home in silence, without any pleading or apologizing of any kind."

Alani then turned toward the window and rested her head back as if she were going to sleep. Spencer then wrapped his arm around her and rested his head back too, trying to cuddle in the most comfortable way possible.

"Lo siento, Alani." I whispered.

"Not even in Spanish." She grumbled.

"Je suis désolé?"