Chapter 20 Undercover

Chapter 20

"Peyton, why are you smiling?" I asked quitely.

"We're gonna show the boys what girls can do." She responded.

"Uh-oh, Peyton, what are you gonna do?"

"Oh, I'm not doing it alone. I need you girls too."

"That depends, what are we going to do?" Ishani added.

Peyton looked past the trailer, as if someone were watching us, and turned back and smiled.

She spoke louder, "Whatever we can do. And whatever that is, I know we can do it."

"Peyton! First of all; whisper! Second of all; I know you meant for that to sound cool and insiprational, but it just sounded like you said the same thing twice." Ishani shot back.

"We'll do it! Right, Ish-" Alani started to add.

"Sounds like it worked anyway." She smirked and continued, "Let's do this..."

She brought us further away from the camp, hidden in the dark, pine-smelling forest. She quickly looked at our surroundings, making sure we were alone and able to speak loud enough to hear one-another. She glanced, worriedly, from left to right and quickly looked back at us. The worry from her face faded as the tension dissolved from the air, and she continued to talk.

"Hayley, I want you to save Kolin's mother." She said, handing me a pocket knife. I gave her a questioning look as she continued, "It's to cut the ropes. Ishani and Alani--hey that rymes--I want you two to distract Kolin's father with anything you can find. And if he provokes you guys, Alani, I want you to threaten to call the police as he's about to do someting--if he tries.

"I will be 'Plan B'. If the phone call-provoking thing doesn't work-out, I will be ready to attack with any necessary weapons I can find in our campsite. You got it?"

"Sure...okay?...gotcha!" Varied from our little group.

"Okay, let's go to the camp and hurry!"

-------------------------

"Hey look! I found this!" Ishani said, holding up a wooden spoon and a large pot.

"Why do we even have these?" Alani asked.

"I don't know but they work. Alani, find something to distract him with, and grab your phone!" Peyton said, rushing back and forth through the camp.

Alani growled at Peyton and started to look around.

(Peyton's P.O.V)

'Don't act too innocent!'

'You seem like you care too much when you know you don't at all.'

'He doesn't even care for you!'

'He loves Alani!'

'Leave him and his mom to die!'

The disturbing thoughts kept rushing through my mind. They were the truth, even though I knew it was wrong. I needed help, I was conflicted. I needed help making a decision; whether I should let Alani and Spencer be happy and I stay alone with Kolin who hates me, or I could break them up--which would be terrible because Alani's a true friend and--fugde! What am I gonna do?

'Your going to save Kolin's mother before Kolin dies trying to do so himself.'

Now I know we can do this. Even though Kolin hates me now, he won't as much after I--I mean we--save his mother. Alani and Spencer may be happy--together--but I'll find someone like him. Someone like Kolin, without the back-stabbing-best-friend part. I'll find someone else who appreciates me. I'm stronger than those who try to stab their friends in the back. I'm the one who should be trying to stop it. And I will, starting by saving Kolin's mother.

"Alani, Ishani, Hayley; are you ready?" I asked, feeling a hell of a lot more confident and a lot less angry.

"Yep." They said insync.

I quickly looked them over, double checking for everything we needed. Alani was holding her iPhone--lucky--and a pocket knife. Where are they getting these from? Who packs a frickin' pocket knife on a camping trip with your friends? I quickly shook it off and looked over Ishani and Hayley. Ishani was holding a wooden spoon and a large, red pot, seemingly light enough. I glanced at Hayley and saw her holding the pocket knife I assigned her and a wet cloth.

"What's the wet cloth for, Hayley?" I asked, my curiosity reaching it's peak.

"My hands bled slightly after Cameron took the cloth off. That's why it was soaked in blood, it was mine. She has rope, it hurts like hell. She'll need it more than me."

I glanced at her wrists and winced. Her wrists were cut up and covered in dry blood. She pulled her hands up and put them behind her back; noticing my intent stare. I glanced away and nodded to each of the girls, and we were off.

-------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry for the late update. And sorry that there are a lot of italics in this chapter. It's a little longer than usual because I got eager from Easter--hee hee. Yeah, but thanks for reading! PEACE OUT MY FELLOW FLUFFY UNICORNS!

Movie quote time! Yay!!

--"What in the fart, is a 'dream-reality'?"--

Twitter: @katykat235

Instagram: @katykat235

Email: katykat235@gmail.com

Facebook: Hayley Perez

Vine: Hayley Perez

YouTube: Hayley Perez (even though there's no use for my YouTube account {or vine account for that matter...}, I might start posting videos of myself singing and some lyric videos. And don't forget to subscribe to thecomputernerd01 on YouTube!!)

PhenomiNiall, ExtraordiHarry, BrilLiam, AmaZayn, FabLouis, 1D Rocks!!

Thank you, peace out, and I wish you the best (late) Easter, ever! I love you guys so much!!

~Hayley