Chapter 23 She's Not Afraid

Chapter 23

I woke up with a start. My breathing was quick, my heartbeat was loud and hurt my chest, and I felt naseous. The dream...nightmare I had was terrible. It was so simple, something that probably wouldn't have scared me, if I hadn't known the reason behind it.

~

I'm sitting in a beautiful wheat field, jumping around enjoying my time. I was wearing a dress, for once, I didn't feel pudgy in it. I was spinning, twirling around, just to watch the skirt spin and expand around my legs; laying down for a few seconds on the soft dirt, to smell the blooming flowers by the surprisingly green trees.

I sighed in relief; I was alone. I was never left alone without someone constantly worrying about me. Especially after my "Summer Love" incident. Ever since then, I would constantly be asked,

"Hey, how are you. You feeling okay? Heartbroken at all...?"

They would always ask the same thing. They all think I'm so heartbroken.

Suddenly a twig snapped. There weren't any twigs since the last time I looked. Then everthing got blurry, it seemed to be swirling, with small-tiny vibrations. The golden yellow and bright blue were mixing together to form a dark-ugly green. I closed my eyes to keep from throwing up. Suddenly, the vibrations from the swirling stopped.

I looked up to see a forest. The trees seemed to be withering. Then Cameron came out from the darkness of the dead trees. His eyes were comletely filled in black and his clothes were torn. He stared into my eyes, causing them to burn slightly. He didn't look away after five minutes before he finally said something.

"You need to choose." His voice sounded the same; not altered a bit.

"What? Choose what?" I asked in a loud whisper.

"Me...or your 'Summer Love'."

"Huh?"

Suddenly, Cameron morphed and twisted in a way that looked painful. The darkness swirling around him, creating a sort-of shield. He stopped swirling and my eyes widened with realization...Brian--my Summer Love--was Cameron's twin brother.

~

My chest hurt. How could I not have realized this earlier? That's why I fell in love with Cameron. They look exactly alike; they think exactly alike. They just didn't hang out much...Why didn't he tell me. Oh, he doesn't know about my Summer Love...

Still in slight shock, I grabbed an outfit from my suitcase and I quickly put in on. It was simple; some black jeans and my special panda shirt. I grabbed my fuzzy-colorfully patched scarf and tied it on.

"I'm sorry, guys. I guess this is bye...for now..." I whispered as I grabbed my stuff and left the tent.

I checked my phone. My parents would be here in ten minutes. I was about to sit down in a lawn chair when a quiet voice startled me, causing me to slip off the chair.

"Where are you going?" It was Alani.

"Nowhere." I stated in a monotone voice, slowly getting up and brushing off the dirt.

"Then why are your bags packed?"

I paused to think for a moment. What can I say about that?

"I...I'm leaving."

"Why?! You didn't say any-"

"Ssh! I didn't say anything because I knew this would happen."

"But...why?"

Car headlights poked through the trees; they blinked a few times, signaling they were ready. I took a deep breath before turning around and finally said something.

"I fell in love with the same person." And I walked away, stepped into the car, and we drove away.

I watched Alani from the headlights, slowly fading away, with a look that showed different emotions switching from confusion to realization to shock. I turned back around in my seat...and fell asleep.

--------------------------

A/N:

Remember; 25 total chapters and one Epilogue! Don't forget, I may make a sequel...just wait for the answer, it's going to be in the Epilogue.

Movie quote time! Yay!!

--"I'm gonna melt that cabbage patch kid."--

Twitter: @katykat235

Instagram: @katykat235

Email: katykat235@gmail.com

Facebook: Hayley Perez

Vine: Hayley Perez

Youtube: Hayley Perez (Might start posting covers soon! And subscribe to thecomputernerd01 on Youtube!!)

PhenomiNiall, ExtraordiHarry, BrilLiam, AmaZayn, FabLouis, 1D Rocks! PEACE OUT MY FELLOW FLUFFY UNICORNS!!!

~Hayley