Chapter 21 The Camera

Chapter 21

(Hayley's P.O.V)

"Don't worry, we'll get you out of here." I reassured her while trying to untie the terrible knot.

"M-my record. Th-they'll never l-let me g-go. Especially after what I've done..." She responded.

My hands got sweatier as I was trying to cut and untie the rope at the same time. She shivered more in fear with each second Peyton and Alani were distracting Kolin's father. It was starting to get darker and soon enough a chill was brought over me and everyone one else. We heard the police sirens in the distance as with the blue and red flashing lights. As Kolin's father turned his head to the lights and noise, the ropes jerked loose and she bolted away without warning. I quickly spun around to see her almost blend in with the darkness of the trees, and she was gone.

He looked back my way and growled as he edged closer to my trembling body. Peyton and Alani stood frozen in fear behind him. Karan and Spencer tried holding Cameron back, knowing he would get more hurt than I would if he tried saving me. He was only a few feet away from me when we all heard a loud, booming voice by the outline of trees next to us.

"I command you sir, do not move another inch towards that young lady."

I turned to my left, seeing a man in a police uniform holding up a gun and a flashlight. Shortly behind him, illuminated by blue and red lights was another police officer holding up a gun and flashlight, and a police car with the two back doors open. The police man standing before the car marched over to Kolin's dad and hand-cuffed him while stating his rights.

"Harold John Rogers, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. Do you understand your rights?" He asked, taking Kolin's father to the police car.

He simply grunted and was shoved into the police car. The two officers walked up to us and asked us a few questions.

"Ma'am," He questioned, directing towards me. "We'd like to thank you for calling us. He's been wanted for a while now. Do you happen to know where his wife is located?"

"No, I'm sorry, I don't. And, I wasn't the one who called you..."

"...It was me." Karan spoke up.

I turned his direction to see him blushing, even in the dark I could see the pink spreading around his cheeks. The officer immediately realized his mistake while he apologized. We all snickered as they thanked us one last time, and left. We were all laughing by the time we got back to the campsite, besides Karan.

"You know, Hayley. Let us make dinner tonight. You've been through a lot." Peyton offered, Alani long-side.

"Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you guys." I replied.

"Your welcome. Come, Alani, let's go."

They went off to make dinner. The only ones who weren't doing anything productive at the moment were Cameron, Karan, Spencer, and me; just sitting there on our bums...waiting for dinner. I decided to break the silence because suddenly I saw a squirrel in the tree.

"Cameron, can I borrow your camera?" I asked, slowly rising out of my red camping chair.

"Sure, it's in our tent. Why?" He responded.

"Just wanna make some memories..."

"Okay...go ahead."

I ran over and into the boys tent and squatted, searching for Cameron's camera. Yeah, I could've just gone to get my phone, but honestly I too lazy. I kept searching until I finally found it in his bag.