Chapter 8-Skyfall

Chapter 8

After he put his arms around me, I didn't know whether or not to flip out or to just enjoy it. I guess I accidentally did both 'cause once he did that, I jumped a mile while I blushed. I'm sure he didn't notice it.

"It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you or anything." Cameron said.

Okay. Maybe he noticed. I realized I should've covered up my blush 'cause I heard girly giggles escaping the crowd around us... and that was just Spencer and Karan. Alani and Peyton just snickered and smirked at us until he finally let go. I was kinda sad but relieved at the same time, if you know what I mean. So I just gave him a nice smile.

I continued to make our lunch and decided that it was just going to be turkey sandwiches and some chips.

"Does anyone happen to be allergic to Turkey?" I asked.

"Why would anyone of us be allergic to Turkey? Also, no." asked Karan.

"Just asking..." I said slowly.

Soon after I finished all of the subs and was certain that SUBWAY couldn't do a better job, I served everyone their plates.

**

Soon after we finished our lunch, we were just sitting around on our phones texting each other. So its pretty obvious we were bored. That's when I remembered, that night, there was supposed to be a meteor shower and it was going to be the most beautiful.

"Hey guys, guess what!" I exclaimed.

"What?" They all responded.

Wow, I can't believe they didn't know. I thought at least Peyton and Alani would remember, but everyone was completely oblivious to what I was about to say.

"Did you guys seriously forget?" I asked.

"Uh, I think it's pretty obvious that we all forgot." Karan said.

"There's going to be a meteor shower tonight!" I said full of excitement, then I sighed.

"That's awesome but what's wrong?" Peyton said coming towards me.

"I can't believe they aren't together yet!" I exclaimed, "I mean look at them!"

Then everyone looked back and we saw Alani and Spencer next to a tree standing pretty close to each other and flirting. Not gonna lie, they act like they have already been dating for months.

"He's just to chicken to ask her out. But look at them! How can they not see they are obviously in-love!" Peyton said.

''Well I wouldn't say 'in-love'" Karan said with obvious emphasis on in-love.

"It could happen at anytime! Time just chose now. Don't deny it, just support it!" Peyton said.

"Hey, let's use the meteor shower tonight to bring them together. Let's let Spencer in on it to surprise Alani by making him 'finally' ask her out." Cameron suggested.

"Yeah! Cameron, that may be your greatest idea yet." exclaimed Peyton.

"There's more where that came from." he replied with a cocky smile.

"Then why don't you ever use them?" Karan claimed.

"Hey! I do someti-!" I cut him off.

"Let's get back to the planning shall we?" I reminded them.

**

Spencer was in on the plan after a lot of debating and his nervousness and everything was already set up. The meteor shower was supposed to start in 30 minutes and we could already point out a few. Imagine how many there will be when it gets darker. Also, Karan, being the dork he is, brought a telescope so that we could easily see more meteors.

Spencer, as you could imagine, was nervous but he did have a really cute plan to ask Alani out. He's going to- my thoughts got cut off by our radio blasting "Starships" by Nicki Minaj. Ironic, I know, but this song is my jam so don't deny it.

"Let's go to the beach each lets go get away, they say what they gonna say, have a drink clink found the Bud Light, bad b--- like me it's hard to come by, the patron, own, let's go get it on, the zone, own, yes I'm in the zone is it two three leave a good tip, I'ma blow all my money and don't give two sh--, I'm on the floor, floor, I love to dance so give me more, more, till I can't stand, get on the floor, floor, like it's your last chance so give more, more, than here I am. Starships, were meant to fly, hands up and touch the sky, can't stop 'cause were so high, hands up, we're higher than a mot-"

"Turn that crap off you melding kids!!" said some random dude in the distance.

He sounded pretty mad so we sat in awkward silence for what seemed like the longest time before we started to notice the meteor show in motion. As soon as it started to get more intense and beautiful, Spencer got the plan in motion too.

"Hey, Alani. Um... you wanna take a closer look in the telescope with me?" he asked.

"Sure Spence, that sounds cool." she responded.

He led her to the telescope where he adjusted it for her and she looked in. While she was distracted, he looked at us nervously while we urged him on. He eventually got brave enough and pulled out a Ring Pop. He cleared his throat and she looked at him confused.

"Spence, what's going on?" she asked.

"Alani." He got down on one knee. "I really, really like you and I'm not good at romantic speeches so I'm just gonna get to the point. Will you go out with me? Please?" He asked.

She giggled at his silliness and instantly responded.

"Yes Spencer, I would love to." She responded and they hugged.

He slipped the ring on her finger while she giggled.

Everyone was about to start cheering when I held my hand out and whispered to them.

"Shh. Wait for it, wait for it..." I slowly trailed off. Before we knew it, they did exactly what I was expecting and what everyone was waiting for. They stared into into each other's eyes for a few seconds before...they kissed.

"There it is!" I continued.

Everyone cheered and before I knew it, Cameron and I were hugging due to celebration. The meteor shower was completely amazing and so was the rest of the night. The entire night, Spencer and Alani were holding hands while me and Cameron were simply sitting next to each other. Really close. After a few hours we all got extremely tired and wore out and went to bed.