Chapter 19 Save You Tonight

Chapter 19

"You can count on me..." Cameron whispered in my ear as he grabbed my tied up hands.

He reached in his back pocket, fishing around for a while, until he pulled out a small pocket knife. He gripped the white, blood soaked cloth wrapped around my hands and was starting to cut it when I stopped him.

"Your going to get caught! Go, now!" I tried pushing him away when he gripped my hands again and gestured to something behind him.

I craned my neck to the left and saw Kolin's father standing next to Kolin's mother, still pointing the same knife at her neck trying to get something out of her. Her eyes turned our way but she looked back, careful not to give us away. Behind her--in the trees--I saw Kolin, Spencer--not looking very nicely at Kolin--, Peyton, Alani, and Ishani.

"Where's Karan?" I asked Cameron, in which who was still trying to cut the cloth.

"He's going to make the phone call. Peyton, Alani, Ishani, and Kolin are going to be distractions so I can save you and Kolin's mother." He responded, giving me a slight smile before turning back into his worried grin.

"How did you plan this so fast?"

"It didn't take long, it's a pretty simple plan." He finished smirking and continuing to cut the cloth.

(Cameron's P.O.V) {An Hour Earlier}

"Put him down, Spencer! There's no time to fight. Hayley's in danger, and so is Kolin's mother!" I stated, causing Spencer to drop Kolin and growl.

"I still don't understand why I have to be nice to him in order to save Hayley!" Spencer responded, angrily looking back at Kolin and clenching his jaw.

"You have to be nice to him because I know Alani would want you to be." I said, giving Alani a reassuring look. "And we aren't just saving Hayley, we're saving Kolin's mother too." I gave Kolin a slight smile.

"Cameron, why do you care so much? It's not like she's your sister or something. You just barely met her, what's the big deal?" Spencer shot back.

"No, I care because I love her."

"What? When-"

"When I first met her. And I love her because she inspires me, I love her because she's my best friend, I love her because we're both not afraid of being uncool and just being ourselves around each other, and I love her because I know she loves me too. When I say, 'I love her', it's not because I can't have her. It has nothing to do with me. I love what she is, what she does, how she tries. I've seen her kindness and her strength. I've seen the best and the worst of her. And I understand with perfect clarity what she is. She's a hell of a young woman. And I bet you and Alani, Ishani and Karan, and Peyton and Kolin feel the exact same way." I proudly stated, seeing that Alani and Peyton where on the verge of crying.

Alani ran over to Spencer, hugging him and--in a hushed voice--was trying to convince him to help Kolin. I looked a little to the right to see Peyton, drying her tears and looking guiltily around the campsite. What's her problem?

"Well, we need a plan." Karan stated, clinging onto Ishani.

"Actually, I already kind of thought of one..." Ishani somewhat whispered.

"Well...?" I asked, getting a little impatient after a long pause.

"Oh, well. We could create a distraction while you save Hayley and become the hero. And Karan, you'll be the one...to make the phone call." She finished.