17. chapter

Marilyn's POV :

Month has passed, and still no change.
I haven't left Lara's side, and though Twiggy, Tyler and Paul have brought me food, even my favourite, but i couldn't eat.
Doctors and nurses tried to get me to sleep, to no avail.
I only wanted to be with her, no matter what happens.

Some how, it had been leaked to the press, that my girlfriend is in hospital.
Fans wished us luck, some even prayd, the others told me, that it's punishment from a God.
Well...fuck that.
It's only my fault.

I was supposted to do a concert in two days, but i decided to cancel it.
I don't think i would make a good show.

"Hi, dude." Johnny shut the door behind him and sat next to me.
"Hi." i smiled at him.
"Still nothing?" he asked, and i shaked my head.
"Damn, i'm sorry, man. What did doctor say? Is she getting better?"
"He said it's still bad." i looked back at Lara and squeezed her hand.
Johnny propably didn't know what to say, so he stayed quiet.

"I brought you sandwiches with grilled cheese. And don't tell me, that you are not hungry, because everything you ate since the car accident is one slice of pizza and small cheese cake, and we didn't avoid a fight!" he raised his finger.

"Johnny, leave me alone. When i say, that i don't want to eat, that means i don't want to eat."
"Marilyn, dude, that's sick. I bet, that Lara wouldn't want to see you like this. I didn't know her, but she doesn't seem like a person, that gives up easily." he sighed.
"In Ohio, i was sitting next to my dad the same way i am sitting next to Lara now. And my father died. I just...fuck...give me that sandwich." i said angrily and grabbed it.

"Good boy." he said with laughter.
"Shut up. Ugh...where did you get it? It's...yuk!" i gave him that sandwich back.
"Lily did it, so..." he was laughing.
"Tell her, to not try cooking. Ever."
"Don't be so rude. Marilyn, i sympathize with you, but in this situation no one can do anything. Even you don't." he pointed at me.
"I do. Doctor told me, that i can bring her back. I just have to try." i shaked my head.
"Okay, i won't resist, but you look horrible. At least you can go home to take a shower." he tried to change my mind.

"Johnny, brother, don't tell me what to do. You can spend your time with learning your daughter how to do a sandwich. And i will spend my time here, with Lara." my voice level rised.
Johnny is about to say something, when the heart monitor flat lined.

"Code blue in extensive care. Code blue in room 173. Code blue in extensive care."

I turned towards Lara as doctors and nurses started to swarm in.
Two nurses pushed me and Johnny out of the room, and i do what they say with confusing.
Before the door shut, i called out :
"Don't you dare to leave me, Lara. Please!"

\~~\\~~\

And i was waiting in a waiting room...again.
Helpless and scared.
This time i didn't cry. Because i knew, that she'll make it.
She was enough strong to sursvive a surgery, so i thought that she will make this. And i was trusting her.
And that was the most important thing.
But...these thoughts didn't made me to not shake.

"Don't worry, Marilyn." Johnny put his hand on my shoulder and i just nodded.
"Lily wanted to come to, but she had to do something beforr." he tried to fill out the silence.
"That's nice of her. Tell her, that i'd like her to come. To have some company." i smiled.

"Of course, i will. But i'd like to get to something different, to make you stop thinking about how is Lara. I haven't chance to meet her, so tell me, how was your relationship with her?" he asked.
"Honestly, i love her more than any girl i dated in my life. She's different, loving me with my mistakes. With everything, that i am. A rock star, and cuddly Brian. And that's what none girl did." thinking about that made me smile.

"Yes! I got you! You're smiling! Tell me more." Johnny said with victory in his voice, and that made me smile even more.
"We liked getting drunk together, watching horrors...staying in bed and cuddling with each other." i leaned back for a chair.
"That sounds awesome. What a pity. I'd like to hang out with her, sometime."
"You will. But there's a chance, that she will break up with for what i did." and that made my eyes wet.
"No, i don't think so. She wouldn't do that." he shaked his head, but i knew, that there is a chance.

After a hour, doctor opened door and stood up, expecting that he'll start talking.
"So...she's going to be okay, just gave us a scare. I should have warn you, that something like this can happen. But, fortunately, it's looking like it's getting better. Hold on, and keep trying to wake her up. Start with something, that she liked the most. Music, for example. Music is a complicated thing. She might hear it, try to go with the sound." he smiled, and that made me smile too.

"Thank you, doctor. We'll be trying." i nodded and then he leaved.
"Did you hear him? Let's try it!" Johnny pushed me to her room.

I grabbed Lara's hand, rubbing over the back of her hand.
"I'm so glad you're okay. I thought i lost you...but then i realized, that i have to trust you. Because i knew, that you'll make it. Twiggy and Tyler are on their ways here, so i'm gonna play you your most played song in your playlist. I don't know if it's your favourite, but i hope it is." i told her and took her phone lying on her night
table.

I unlocked it knowing, that password was mine name.
I started to scroll through her music, until i found the most played one.
It was a song Cupid carries a gun.
I pressed 'Play', and it started playing.

Pound me the witch drums, the witch drums
Better pray for hell, not hallelujah.

I'm a coat of fists, dead and heartened spiders
Like two mangled crowns or the widest of the meanest coiled snakes
Folks said I look like death
Lived in the hotel of my eyes
Lives wide open like a whore
Painted in spit from the earth between her thighs.

Keep your halos tight
I'm your god or your guardian
Keep your halo tight
One hand on the trigger, the other hand in mine
Because now, cupid carries a gun
Now, now, cupid, cupid carries a gun!

And then something happend.
"Did you see it? She smiled." i said astonished.
"Really? Turn the volume up!" he said.
I clicked on button volume up, held her hand in mine, and felt she squeezed my hand.